Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I thought I'd share some photos of my 59 Sprint finally road ready! Its performing beautifully and revs effortlessly to 8000rpm. The sound is simply magnificent. Its running Veloce headers from Alfaholics with a single middle resonator. Wonderful induction noise from the dual Webers with ram pipes.
The seats are GTA replicas from Alfaholics. I have back issues so the support really makes a difference for me. Its my first Sprint having previously owned a 69 1750 GTV. The 1300 motor is just superb! The tachometer is a Jaegar chronometric example as used by the works Alfa Giulietta at the 56 MM. Its a wonderful mechanical device and you can hear the clock mechanism in the background. Hope you like the car.

Regards,
Hans

Attachments

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
What's not to like? Pretty darned cute and good lighting for the pictures. Nice leather too. Is that wheel one of those $3500 one's or is it just a fake? I like yours better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe it's the special revcounter? I'd like not to worry about my oil pressure too, maybe I'll get me one!

Jago

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mods very tastefully done. I especially like that rev counter. Did it fit without any dash modification? Looks very correct in the Giulietta cluster.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your kind works about the car. I do have an oil pressure gauge mounted centrally just under the dashboard. Prior to my installing the Jaegar tach I did have a Veloce tach in place. Very little modification was necessary to fit the tach and it certainly makes a nice addition to the gauge cluster. The steering wheel is a Motalita item. I would certainly love a thin rimmed Nardi wheel, but the prices are simply insane currently. I have the original Giulietta wheel as well. The rallymaster set is a Heuer Hervue set from the mid 50s and is what might have been used in period so I thought it fitting for the car. The glovebox will still open enough for me to keep the reg/insurance etc in the box. Alfaholics did a brilliant job on the seats. Very comfortable and lightweight and Max was great to deal with, emailing right away if I had a question. The exhaust system runs the Alfaholics veloce headers with an Alfaholics center muffler. We removed the rear silencer as it was just too quiet with it present. I found this Sprint in Brescia and it had been owned and raced by the same gentleman for almost thirty years. The paint is perfectly serviceable, but hardly concours. The mechanicals, however are first rate and as I drive my cars on an almost daily basis that is what really matters to me. According to the factory the engine and chassis numbers match and the car was origianlly Gardenia White.

Kindest regards,
Hans

1 - 9 of 9 Posts