Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I am still laughing at the mental image of Don in his 102, with the rabbits, Cyril the squirrel, and maybe a rogue possum or raccoon for extra points. Thanks, Carmonkey.

I talked with Jay N. a long while ago and one thing we discussed was the black paint in the door jams. This was before the paint was stripped from my 102 so I took a closer look, using razor blades and such to remove the layers of repaint, leaving only the original colors. As Jay had said, I found that the jam and leading edge of the door were originally black, so both sides of the hinges are the same color. Separation from the body color on the door is easy due to the defined edges, with the exception being the lower edge that wraps into the door bottom. I found that the door bottom was body color, with a very small amount of black overspray wrapping under from the front edge as a result of the application of the black paint after the body color.

My oil pan was repainted black, but due to poor prep, it still has some shiny green-gray original paint on it. I have previously heard this color is well represented by the 1960s BMW color called Florida green. My friend had a BMW 1600 painted that color, which he called kaibo green. Kaibo is a Canadian term for outhouse. I think the pan color has more gray in it than Florida, but it is a good, solid industrial color, something appropriate for machine shop equipment like a lathe or mill. I will try to match this original color and foolishly hope to keep it oil-free.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.