Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know of someone close to Redondo beach to make fiberglass molds of car parts like fenders and bumpers? I am too lazy to do it myself and it is a dirty job to do in the garage.
Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a guy in Costa Mesa that does motorcycle fenders, airplane wing tips, car scoops for Callaway? (I think), and spoilers for rice rockets. He does custom, one off work all the time. In the past, I have mentioned the fact that he could make $$ making GTAM fenders, doors, trunks etc and he is open to doing it. If Costa Mesa is Ok with you, let me know, I'll forward his number as it is in my office. I'm sure he would be reasonable in price as he needs to keep his crew busy while in a holding pattern waiting to go into production on fiberglass housing for a hydrogen generator that I have mentioned here before

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Hi Jim,
Could you PM me his contact info as well? I'm just south of Costa Mesa and would like to explore the possibility of some race car body panels in fiberglass. Does he do carbon fiber as well?
Thanks,
Jes

·
Registered
461 Posts
HI there FBB, His number is (949) 646-4166, his name is Jaime and owns NJ Fiberglass. He has a small shop and looks like he is STILL at Woodstock, but is very good at what he does. Alberto at Italmeccanica in Huntington Beach is also a GREAT fabricator. I saw a carbon fibre gas tank that he made for an early 911 historic racer. It was incredible craftmanship. I'm sure he would be alot more than Jaime though. Good luck.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi AR4me, I just saw your note and it was funny that I mentioned carbon fiber before I saw your question. Jaime does not do carbon but I do know Alberto does excellent work in carbon as i have seen it. The carbon fiber gas tank he fabricated with a bladder for a historic 911 racer was incredible. His number is (714) 893-5093. Ital Meccanica is his shop in Huntington Beach. He is primarily mechanical repair but has done body work on a few well known Alfa BB cars.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Jim,
Thanks for the pointers.
Jes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts