Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am hoping someone here has an idea. Here is the problem. A customer wants a 200 horsepower supercharged Fiat Spider 2000. The horsepower is not a problem, I can do that. However the transmission and rear end won't take it (according to Csaba at Vick's who I trust 100% on this stuff). Csaba did have an acceptable solution for transmission issue which is to use a 131 transmission. The big problem is the differential.

Does anyone here know of a strong differential that can be put into a Fiat Spider? My father seems to think an 8 inch Ford out of a V6 Pinto is the way to go. He fails to realize that V6 Pintos are no longer common in the junkyard. Actually they were rare with V6s when they were built. I think an Alfa Spider rear end would take it, but I don't actually have a Fiat here to measure.

Thanks in advance.
Greg

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Greg,
Contact Jim Steck (I have his contact info, if you don't). He's done a lot of work regarding the limit of a stock Spider rear end...

Best regards,
Enrique

P.S. Should I be thinking of this upgrade for my bone stock '75 124 Spider? A little milder of course, since it only has 1800 cc. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts