Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone tell me if the wheels mentioned below will fit on my 69 Fiat 124 spider? I know that Fiat wheels have a 4 by 98 bolt pattern. Any suggestions? It next to impossible to find Fiat Roosevelt wheels but the "Libre" american racing wheel which looks very similar seems to be more around... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

american racing libre wheels 4x 14x5.5 BS=3.75" bolt 4x4.5 (4x114)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Kepp on Google-ing. I remember seeing a website that was very detailed about restoring a set of roosevelts for a Fiat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bought a set!

After much research, I was able to get a complete set.. :D The wheels are in very good shape however they seem faded due to dirt or outside elements over the years.

Any suggestions on the best approach to cleaning them up? I believe that these wheels are polished aluminum on the outer rim with cast iron in the middle?

Sandblasting or dipping to remove excess dirt and grime??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I believe that these wheels are polished aluminum on the outer rim with cast iron in the middle?
I seriously doubt there's any cast iron. I'd guess that they're 1-piece cast aluminum alloy with the rims turned and/or polished. A magnet would clear it up.

There are any number of specialty firms that deal with refurbishing alloy wheels. First, though, you might want to try one of the over-the-counter aluminum wheel cleaners that you can find anywhere that carries polishes and cleaners. Stay away from the sandblasting rig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts