Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has two Fiat Dino Coupes for sale. One is complete and running well. Another is included as a parts car. Asking price is $9,995. Seller is very motivated as he needs to make space. Seller is a very trusted Alfa Romeo mechanic.

Alfa Auto Clinic
1516 623-0199
Ask for Giuseppe

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
i saw this last week.

the exhaust sounds great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
nice car, good oportunity for someone

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More and better photos including VIN numbers as requested:

Complete car:

Parts Car:

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
i saw this last week.

the exhaust sounds great.
Watch the original version of "The Italian Job" for some great shots and sounds - the Mafia boss cruises around in a black Dino Coupe. Warning though, be prepared to cringe as they trash (in real life, without special effects) a Lamborghini Miura, Aston Martin DB4, a couple of Jaguar XKE's and a whole bunch of Mini Coopers and Alfa Giulia police cars - and I mean trashed in graphic, violent ways. The Aston Martin and XKE's get done in by a front loader.

It almost hurts to watch it now days :confused:

Edit: found a clip on YouTube - for mature audiences only!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
If only it were possible, I absolutely lust, adore crave a Dino coupe. I have wanted to have one for over 20 years but I still lack the means to acquire one. I still say to myself, one day! I actually like the looks of the coupe over the spider, but perhaps that is just me.

These cars IMHO are so undervalued and appreciated, which as a hopeful buyer is good, but still, basically they are the most affordable "Ferrari" one can buy.

Having had a number of rides in a 246 GT I know just how intoxicating the engine sounds under full power. Simply spine tingling.

To me the price of these two cars is not expensive, as I know from watching the prices of the relatively few Fiat Dinos out here in Aus have gone from total restoration cars for sale at around $10k to nicely sorted ones, and I am only talking of coupes for around $40K. Grrr one day :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only the parts car is available.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Correct. The running car was purchased for a good price by GWM after seeing it on Bring a Trailer a couple of months ago. The parts/non running car is still for sale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dino part 2

Fred?

Sorry my last email got clipped...

Back to Guissepe - is he the man in New York area for Alfa's?
I have an 86 spider with 18 k miles and I want to have a mechanic I can trust.

Back to the Dino: nightmare waiting to happen, or a good buy, at what price, was it badly rusted? I ask because I'm going to see the car on Friday.

Any thoughts would be brilliant!

Thx. John

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've used Giussepe for many years and trust him.
As for the Dino, it's pretty much a parts car. Dino's are hard cars to restore due the lack of parts available. Buying a complete car is the way to go. Coupes are the best deal in comparison to the spiders. The engine is the most valuable part of the coupe.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Fred, in your opinion could the parts car actually be restored or not. I only ask as out here in Aus, there are relatively speaking very few such cars, and when they do come on the market (which is rare in itself), they usually are for sale between $25-40K and that is for a coupe. Which is fine as I have always wanted a coupe. Ah dream on I suspect.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would think you would wind up spending more to restore the parts car then you spend buying a restored car. I'm not sure there is an engine with the parts car.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please contact Alfa Auto Clinic for more information. I posted for them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts