Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed under: Euro, Crossovers/CUVs, Alfa Romeo, FIAT

The Italians are known for making great sports cars, touring cars, supercars, even little itty-bitty cars. Sport-utes, not so much. Lamborghini's monster LM002 notwithstanding, the last time few times Fiat tried its hand at SUVs, it came up with the Sedici (a slightly taller than normal compact car built in partnership with Suzuki) and the Oltre concept (some sort of twisted cross between a Hummer and an Apple store). But with crossovers continuing to sell big, despite the impediments of fuel prices and an increasingly enviro-conscious market, the mafia legitimate business association of the Italian auto industry can hardly afford to sit it out. So they'll try, try again.
The next up to bat is the production version of the CX-Over, expected to hit the market in 2010. Sources indicate an overall length of about 4.5 meters, potential for hybrid powertrain options (though more likely a range of the company's highly-efficient diesels), available AWD and a body style fitting somewhere between a minivan and a sport-ute. The Fiat version is expected to sell in the €22k-30k range in Europe, and is expected to spawn an additional version from sister brand Alfa Romeo.
[Source: Info Motori]

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't either, alfa is (was?) one of those brands which rich sporting history, that didn't totally bend towards markets demand. Others did; Merc, BMW, Porsche, all have suv's and there are rumours of ferrari suv:confused: World is ending:(

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I hate it too and I hate to say it but who would have thought Porsche's top selling vehicle would be the Cayanne? Unfortunately an SUV/Crossover may need to be in the cards for any automaker these days. Sad truth or just sad?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Has to be done. The guy or gal that drives a new Brera may have a couple of kids. This Alfa family may like an Alfa CRV as the grocery getter/kid hauler. And FIAT group see an additional revenue stream to stay afloat....21st century reality folks.

As for the Ferrari SUV: total nonsense. Don't believe such rubbish. Ferrari won't even build a 4 door. For such things, they have Maserati. Now what if an Alfa or Maserati crossover/SUV was being developed and the test mule had a prancing horse emblem? Wouldn't the FIAT group have a great laugh at all the dumb hacks picking up the Ferrari to build SUV!!! story?

·
Registered
120 Posts
As for the Ferrari SUV: total nonsense. Don't believe such rubbish. Ferrari won't even build a 4 door. For such things, they have Maserati. Now what if an Alfa or Maserati crossover/SUV was being developed and the test mule had a prancing horse emblem? Wouldn't the FIAT group have a great laugh at all the dumb hacks picking up the Ferrari to build SUV!!! story?
Believe me, I would really like this never to happen too :mad:
Speculation: Ferrari FS 599 Fuoristrada SUV
visualisation is crap looks pretty much like a remodelled cayenne

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
i must admit i like the look of the fita/alfa concepts ive seen..and frankly in the states these things sell PERIOD

as for the "tricky pony" ....."if" me and the wife ever see one in person i dont think we would EVER stop laughing...tho it could probably own the ralleycross cuircuts and blow the doors off the subaru wrx and the like......mud on a a horse LOL

as for the "ramobo's lambo"...i always liked that thingvery cool for its period and i think if it was re-styled for todays idiots it would probably sell like mad for those who have more $$$ then cents

must admit tho the idea of a "suv" from the prancing horse and angry bull stables built to compete in the dakar would be wicked to see..but theyed have to be more truck than suv imo.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If Ferrari ever did build an SUV it should a monster of a thing. No glamor at all, just muscle. I picture something more rigid looking than the original Hummer and an ability to climb up waterfalls at 200 mph. Seriously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts