Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 850 Spider. I plan to sell the whole car, or in lieu of that part it out to save others. If anyone is into these cars and need a restorable candidate or just parts let me know.

It's the desirable flat headlight version. It doesn't run, it's been sitting for years. It's complete and straight. It doesn't seem to have any rust in the out body or the rockers, but the floor is rusted out. I will inspect it more when I get home in about a week and of course post pictures.

Greg,
Silicone Hose Kits

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to sell the whole car. The interest in the parts is very strong, the interest in the whole car is weak. Some of the parts are shared with more expensive cars which is probably driving the parts interest.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com

·
Registered
837 Posts
If I were to keep my '71 850 Spider (my Alfa Spider has distracted me), I'd might be interested in the the front fenders/headlight assemblies, but........... those Miura guys always want them along with the washer/windshield wiper stuff, and door latches!

How much for the whole car?

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
What did the Lambo guy buy?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Technically nothing yet because I am in Ireland at the moment and can't send anyone any pictures until I get home to Tulsa. However, I have had some serious interest from Lambo people.

I was willing to sell the whole car for about what a single used headlight lens (LENS ONLY) typically sells for. Yet the Fiat people that contacted me started complaining about the price, and condition of the car without even seeing it. It's as if they want a perfect restoration candidate (rust free, straight, complete, with some desirable original color) and they expect to pay a nickel. It's not going to happen.

Greg

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah, I understand. The 850 I have, which I will probably put up for sale here, has missing parts that were sold to Lambo people too!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
How sad, for out here in Aus they are about as rare as Hens teeth and even project cars command a high price. There is one such car out here for sale on bay for about $7.5k and it requires a full restoration. Restored cars I have seen in the past for sale around the $15-20k !! Perhaps you should export it.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that, it might be a good idea. I will look into that before I start taking it apart.

Greg

·
Registered
161 Posts
That rusted out $7.5k car has been for sale for about 12 months...totally shot, it should be wrecked and pilfered by Lambo guys. At least it has a RHD dash.

Considering an older restoration late model Spider sold on eBay Australia about 2 years ago for ~$8.6k, I not sure there will be much additional value in exporting down here, but the more Spiders here the merrier! I'm after an engineless shell to stick my 1050cc in.:D

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I have a 67 that's in dry storage for future restoration. Just curious, what are the Lambo guys after besides the headlight covers?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 67 that's in dry storage for future restoration. Just curious, what are the Lambo guys after besides the headlight covers?
Tail lamps...I think some switchgear too, but others may confirm.

I just found a '67 down here, with the front clip removed! **** those Muira owners and their hacksaws!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
The windshield washer system is the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts