Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 1959 Fiat 600 sedan that is a project car. I am looking at returning it to its original color combination as it seems to be a pretty much unmolested example.

As far as I can tell it was originally blue. The blue would best be described as a chalky medium grey blue, not unlike Porsche "Aga Blue" or BMW "Baikal Blue"...

... on the other hand, I have also found some sections that appear to be originally more of a "Powder Blue" or "Baby Blue". Were these cars available as "Two tone" ? It looks like maybe the lower section was darker and the roof/upper body may have been the lighter color ?

The soft interior trim is Blue and White.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Paint code # should be on bottom of Serial number tag. For the bottom and top of the car

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint code # should be on bottom of Serial number tag. For the bottom and top of the car

Cheers
Mark
Great ! Thanks.

I'm reading "449.449" I thought one was paint and the other interior trim... but you are saying that one is the top section of the body and the other number refers to the bottom section ?

Do we have any online source for color chips vs color codes just so that I can get an idea of whether 449 is light or dark blue ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The original codes for a 1959 Fiat 600 are:

403- Celeste medio (03/1958-12/1963)
449- Blu medio (01/1959-10/1960)
456- Blu scuro (10/1957-08/1975)

I suggest you to ask to the Lechler customer service for the right mix.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
The Glasurit web site lists mixtures too (enter "Fiat" for "Manufacturer" and "1959" for "Year" and click on "Start Search"). The web site shows 449 as Blu Scuro but I think Blu Medio is correct.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sooo...

The closer I look at this car, the more likely it seems that at some point (probably early in its life) someone grafted a used (light blue) roof section on it.

The "A" pillars change colors at different points on either side and there appears to be some sloppy welding in the upper channel of the rear lid.

I will post some pics soon.

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts