Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has nothing to do with Alfas but thought that someone might know something more then what the dealer is trying to push.

My wife ordered a new 500 2 months ago.The car was built over a month ago but it is sitting in a lot since. The dealer tells me that they have some issue with getting it released. Does anyone know what the real problem is?
No word from FIAT USA.

Thanks.

Gian.:mad:;)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
No idea...but, I've seen quite a few on the streets already, even a couple of convertibles. Sounds like they "misplaced" your wife's car or something and they don't want to admit it.

·
Premium Member
27,453 Posts
Selling like hot cakes here on right coast. Was hers a Prima Edition?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
They are STILL having HUGE difficulties with their dispatching. There is something going wrong when the cars are released in Mesquite, TX and put on trucks. If you have only waited a month, I'd suggest patience. Mine was supposed to be delivered in Austin, TX, a three hour drive from Mesquite. But it went to Florida, and when they realized their mistake, they sent it to New Jersey. But I did get the car and in spite of its tour of the US only had 2 miles on it when I picked it up. I waited a little less than two months for the car. Chances are, they are testing the dispatching before releasing any more cars to put on trucks.

And the car was worth the wait.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is the dealer having a problem for all Cars or just your car? Did the dealership just open? When I was looking for a car back in april, the dealer couldn't receive their 1st shipment until they were declared a dealership (or something like that) once they were approved the cars started arriving almost daily...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Wusses:D

Here in Aust. We can wait six to twelve months (golf mk5 GTI) for euro cars from order to build, ship and deliver.. And even then are only allowed a limited range of colours and options which is patently silly given the cars are built on the line to any order.

/rant

500 is a great car and worth the wait, had one in italy for a few weeks. Highly recommend it.:cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I had a long wait for my Prima a few months back but finally got in touch with the rep for the area and he was able to get the ball rolling. Sometimes the dealers do not have there new FIAT sellers licence and don't like to admit to it.

Yes the new FIAT is fantastic. Way better, by the way, then the Euro version for once!

·
Registered
348 Posts
The dealer by me has about 86 of them from 18k to 23k.
They are not flying out of the showroom ! For 23k I would rather have a Mazda 3 Speed At least its fast and will probably holds is value better.

·
Premium Member
27,453 Posts
Larry and Brewster are here in Lexington at Alfa convention now with their 500S prima editions.

I feel ownership of one coming in August if I win the raffle for one.

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,907 Posts
They`ve been a very popular seller here in NZ but wait time is only short. Second hand values are maintaining well - unlike the Mazdas someone above referred to as still seen as trendy desirable euro car. Kind of car that has wide appeal to Europhiles and trendy businesses. Lots on the road and every owner speaks highly of them.
A new Abath is NZ$42990, 1.4 manual 500C NZ $34950, 1.4 diesel Sport NZ $34490
Second hand `08 with 13800km`s NZ $28k etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts