Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
My first car was a 65 1500. Red w/a black hardtop - 5 speed & discs all around. Got me to my 5:00 am morning workouts for swimming and H20 Polo for two years in high school without a hitch. Roomy and comortable and I was 6'2. Slow as a pig though and heavy for the size tires it had, making for interesting handling. Parts were SO hard to get - even thru the local Fiat dealer, and the cars were, and are, frankly not worth that much (this one seems astronomically priced). It got replaced with a TR3B and the difference in power and handling was so significant that the creature comforts were quickly forgotten. Nice pictures though - brought back some memories....

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I always thought that the 1500 was an attractive car. About seven years ago, I happend by a red one parked at a service shop in Saco, ME. Wooo! Did it ever need a full resto! Rust, rust, rust...I haven't seen it in a few years, dunno what happend to it.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Man - that car is being flipped more times than a pancake! Martin Swig bought and owned it in Sept. in the SF Bay area, then sold it to this guy, who's now trying to get a little more $ from it in SoCal! It's a pretty amazing example, if you're in the market for one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts