Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 379 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
I can not find a photo of the blue car in any of the Stanguellini books I have. I do remember the car being in the "recent finds" section of one of the English classic car magazines around 5 years ago. If I remember correct6ly, the word Stanguellini was cast into the valve cover.

·
Registered
537 Posts
yes that is probably where Orsini/Zagari found the pictures, It actually looks like stanguellini is cast on the oil sump.. Stanguellini Orsini Zagari, 2003 edition page 246 by giorgio Nada editore..

www.gilena.it is where I got it...

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
yes that is probably where Orsini/Zagari found the pictures, It actually looks like stanguellini is cast on the oil sump.. Stanguellini Orsini Zagari, 2003 edition page 246 by giorgio Nada editore..

www.gilena.it is where I got it...

Thanks. I have the book...just skimmed over the picture. I knew the word Stanguellini was cast into the engine somewhere :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Is the super that you the sides have. Up to now the forum and it helped me much all. But I do not understand anything now.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
I don't understand what is confusing you. The blue car and the red car are not the same car. I do not know how many Fiats were built with this coachwork style. The blue car is a Stanguellini modified Fiat 1500, with Stanguellini and not Fiat motor

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
That was not meant bad. I do not have a Fiat book, Stanguellini book or similarly. I try only somewhat more experienced. Also only name of the book. I have mean first Fiats and no notion, where I which find.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh I think there is a little language problem... Ok.. book is:
stanguellini, Big little racing cars, Orsini/Zagari published by Giorgio Nada editore. You can order at at Gilenas in Florence. www.gilena.it

I think the cars are the same, Just slightly different in the front... What do u know about a rosellini car? Is there a picture of that one?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
The language is that main problem. The second problem is that I am completely new in the area. In 80s years I repaired Italian cars and am that everything.

Now to the Roselinni car. From the previous owner of my car I know the chassis number 046277. The engine number was 045040. But the engine is lost. the previous owner has me photos of covers given (for my repair), but I white not from whom it those has. The car is to be in America?????

Attachments

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
monte carrlo: I've been following this thread for a while and appreciate very much how hard you are trying to communicate in English. Unfortunately, many of your sentences are confusing and make little sense, if any. May I suggest and encourage you to add to your posts a few sentences that explain what you're looking for in your mother tongue? Many AlfaBB members are multilingual and are as happy to help with translations as they are happy to share their knowledge of cars -- and you may get better results much quicker.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Tubut,
dekuji Vam za dobrou radu, ale myslim, ze mi nekdo odpovi.

Ich danke Ihnen für den gut gemeinten Ratschlag, aber es ist wirklich schwer sich in der tschechischen Sprache bei einem internationalem Forum zu unterhalten. Ich weis genauso, das ich nicht um viel besser mit deutsch durchkomme. Also probieren wir das weiter so. Meine Sprachprobleme habe ich gleich am Anfang geschildert. Ich bin froh, dass ich bis jetzt viel in diesem Forum erfahren habe.:)

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
I cannot translate the first line, but the German part of the post goes like this:

"I thank you for the well-intended advice, but it is really difficult to have a conversation in Czech language on an international board. I know that I won't be much better off in German. So let's try continuing this. My language problems I pointed out right from the beginning. I'm glad that so far I learned a lot in this forum :)"

·
Registered
537 Posts
Tubut,

Ich danke Ihnen für den gut gemeinten Ratschlag, aber es ist wirklich schwer sich in der tschechischen Sprache bei einem internationalem Forum zu unterhalten. Ich weis genauso, das ich nicht um viel besser mit deutsch durchkomme. Also probieren wir das weiter so. Meine Sprachprobleme habe ich gleich am Anfang geschildert. Ich bin froh, dass ich bis jetzt viel in diesem Forum erfahren habe.:)
English, deutsch, oder italienisch gehts gut...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
That could be possibly a picture of the Rosellini Fiat. Many Deteils, like steering wheel, mirror and sun visors are alike, as with my car.

Das konnte eventuell ein Bild von dem Rosellini Fiat sein.
Viele Deteils, wie Lenkrad, Spiegel und Sonnenblenden sind gleich, wie bei meinem Auto

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Tubut,
In my sketchy Czech - he said something like "thank you for your good advice, but I think someone will answer me" :) ahoj monte carlo!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
So, end with language problems. We go again to the cars.
Can someone say to me whether the carburetors were painted at that time? With my car a Weber is double carburetor 30DCR. After that to develop and clean stated I that the carburetor from bronze is and is on the surface of remainders of green-grey color.
I asked the second question already once. Can someone explain the meaning of the letters T, Q, ST and PL on my buttons to me?

So, Ende mit Sprachproblemen. Gehen wir wieder zu den Autos.
Kann mir jemand sagen, ob die Vergaser damals lackiert waren ? Bei meinem Auto ist ein Weber Doppelvergaser 30DCR. Nach dem ausbauen und reinigen stellte ich fest, dass der Vergaser aus Bronze ist und auf der Oberfläche Reste von grüngraue Farbe sind.
Die zweite Frage habe ich schon einmal gestellt. Kann mir jemand die Bedeutung von den Buchstaben T,Q,ST und PL auf meinen Knöpfen erklären?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Carburetor paint

It is quite normal for the carburetor to be painted as you have described. There were some different colors used on different carburetors and the color you've described is one of them.

Don't know the meaning yet of the letters on your knobs, but I continue to think about them and feel sure we will figure them out one day.

John de Boer

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Thanks for short message, I will paint the carburetor in that original colour. With the buttons I tried, which scolded it to gives. Pl - pulitore di parabrezza - windshield wiper, St - luce di sostegno - BACK-UP light. Otherwise I have approximately forty individual parts by the Farina number am marked. And that is only the beginning. The car seems to be complete and untouched.

Danke für kurze Nachricht, ich werde den Vergaser in dem original Farbton lackieren. Bei den Knöpfen habe ich probiert, was es zum schalten gibt. Pl - pulitore di parabrezza - Scheibenwischer, St - luce di sostegno - Rückfahrscheinwerfer. Sonst habe ich ungefähr vierzig Einzelteile die mit der Farina Nummer gekennzeichnet sind. Und das ist nur der Anfang. Das Auto scheint komplett und unberührt zu sein.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Knobs

A couple of thoughts.

Because the knobs are no longer on the dashboard, I have to ask if you have any idea of where the knobs were located originally on the dash? Are all the controls the same? I would actually think that some may have been switches and some maybe cables? Identifying the wiring and any cable functions may help in identifying the meaning of the letters.

If the car was built for someone from another country with another language, then there may be some unexpected confusions.

For example, if there is a choke cable, that could be "ST" for "starter", a term that is sometimes used in languages other than English as well.

One of the "T" knobs could be "Throttle" ... if in English. The other perhaps "Timing" (ignition advance)?

If Italian, perhaps "Tergicristalli"? The other? ... perhaps two wiper motors working independently?

"Q" ... perhaps "Lampi di Quadro" (dash lamps)?

In short, there should be some controls on the car. Some electric and some mechanical. Identifying those controls will help in identifying the meanings of the lettering on each knob.

Best of luck,

John de Boer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I ran across this forum while looking for parts for a Cisitalia that I'm in the process of restoring. It was passed down to me by a friend who said that he had received it from the original owner who imported the car into the U.S. in the late 40's. The owner said it was the original prototype Cisitalia having been bodied by Pininfarinia in '46 and put on a Fiat 1500 chassis. The steel body has certainly been fashioned out of hammered steel, and a number of plated areas could well signify that it has been roughly assembled.

In the engine compartment, a chassis number is visible on the passenger side. It appears to be FMT1500e*046360*

The first character (F) has a lighter imprint than the rest, so it might even be a "T" although everyone who sees it thinks it's probably an "F."

If anyone can offer any suggestions as to how to get more information about this number, that would certainly be helpful. Also, if there are any resources known where I can find most of the cosmetics (headlamp rings, chrome pieces, emblems, etc.), that would be helpful as well.

Thanks very much in advance,
Jim

81 - 100 of 379 Posts