Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't put on a front license plate yet. Just hate to have to put holes into and cover its face.
Doesn't anyone else have this dilemma? Do cops care or give fines for not having one there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the club meeting happening at the Italian Centre coffee shop tomorrow night? I'll try to make it.

Here's a good review of the Fiat Spider:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing how times change. Getting that close to the sea with an original 124 would have been a serious rust risk
Pete
Apparently they used to ship them (the old classics) from Europe on open freighters across the Atlantic. No wonder they were know to have rush issues!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I had two, a '70 and a '71. The only rust issue was one of them had a corroded seat rail at the floor, most likely the result of spending it's life on the street in Seattle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wonderful pics! Congrats on the purchase- you will love the 124. I have a 17 124 Abarth (Red/Blck) 6sp-manual and it is just a joy to drive. Italian styling and noises with Mazda build quality and reliability. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I particularly like the headlights and nose of that car.

Can you wait until warranty is well expired and swap in the 1750T from the 4C?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Cool idea. The 4C 1750 engine is oriented for a transverse engine/driveline and the block is physically different. Anything is possible (we have been putting 164 3.0 v6 into 116 transaxle cars for a long time), but not automatic. Seems like the 2.0 from a Guilia/Stelvio might be preferred if you go that route, more powerful at 280hp and plenty of torque, oriented for longitudinal drive, capable of an easy 360hp and over 500 ft/lb of torque! Go check out Alfissimo.com new hybrid turbo kit. Easy to find and likely much cheaper to buy.

I guess the Fiat 124 fits on the AlfaBB since they were originally gonna have that be an Alfa Spider. You should buy a classic Alfa to go with that FCA car.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
My 124 Spider looked exactly like this one - same color, early flat hood, slot mags, trunk rack, tan top, and I put a newer tan interior in it from a wrecked one. Weird how close it is. But mine was quite beat up and the front bumper was gone. It was sold in Seattle in 1982-ish with a broken transmission.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts