Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad eveyone likes her.
I would like to wait until the car is finished to name the shop for everyone's sake.
Can anyone help with the windshield or the horn button?
Thanks
Scott

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Can't help with the windsheild - but maybe give this guy a call about the horn button: Classic Car Restoration - Antique Auto Repair, Car Dash Restoration
SCOTT YOUNG 415-472-5126
OR SEND EMAIL TO [email protected]

If he can't restore it himself - maybe he has a recommendation. He's located in an area of San Rafael that has a lot of high end/exotic car restoration shops so I'm sure he could a least point you towards somebody who can help.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
horn button & windshield

I have a number of horn buttons that would fit but none are quite like yours. I have seen examples like yours at swap meets in Italy, however, so some patience should reward your search. I could have picked one up at Reggio Emilia last Spring. Lack of a perfect horn button should not keep you from enjoying the car.

As we have discussed privately, you are most likely going to have to make the windshield as it is unlikely to be "production".

John

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Regarding the windshield, I recently got a tip from RX Autoworks (who are in my neighborhood and restored several cars to Pebble Beach standards, including Miles Collier's 8c2900). For their restorations, they use a company that makes one-off windows and windshields for boats and ships.

The approach is different depending on whether or not you have an original windshield. If you have one, the glass company can copy it. Particular attention has to be paid to thickness (which apparently is not always uniform in older glass) and flexibility (older glass contained lead and can be slightly bent during installation, whereas modern compound glass just may crack if there's any tension during or after the installation). In the absence of an original windshield to copy, have the body shop make an aluminum template from in appropriate thickness (as recommended by Antti Wihanto of Sicurvetro).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vignale Fiat 1100 Nardi

Well it has been a long five years but I am happy to say the car is nearing completion.Lots of blood, sweat, dollars and two restoration shops later...
Having a few questions of anyone can help
I am missing the emblems for both my Nardi air cleaner and my hub caps.
The caps take an octagon Fiat emblem while the air cleaner is on a tag or small removable plate.
I have no idea what the originals would have looked like.
Does anybody out there have an idea?
I could use some help, direction and pictures please.

thanks

Scott

·
Registered
482 Posts
Recently I engaged Ragni to reproduce a badge and the results were not satisfactory - poor communication, delayed delivery, incorrect shape, poor finishing and chrome. It was a complete waste of time and money.

I would ask Black Bart: Black Barts Emporium, Inc.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
From the catalogue: "One of Only Two Such Coupes Built..." It's wrong because three are in Italy actually. Where these guys collect the informations? From Vanity fair?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts