Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum

2 weeks ago im moved a 60' Berlina Ti from Italy to Switzerland. The car was running one time in Italy and one time at my Garage.
Now as I want to move the car I have no gas after the feul pump. As I see there is no leak.

I think the diaphragm is the problem. Which one is the better way, repair kit or an other one like this from Alfastop. Product Code 1FU120

best regards
Rolf

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Hi Rolf,

I´d say, if you want to keep originality and there´s nothing else mechanically wrong with the old pump, go for the repair kit, if you however don´t mind and rather prefer new parts, albeit not stock, go for a brand new pump.

Dennis

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dennis

As i thought, but i was not sure if its possible or make sense to spend the time.
On more thing i have to check are the tank and the lines. I was on reserve, so maybe i put dirt. I have an aftermarket feul filter between the pump and the solex. Would it be better to mount them before the pump and go directly to the solex?

Regards
Rolf

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have an aftermarket feul filter between the pump and the solex. Would it be better to mount them before the pump and go directly to the solex?

Regards
Rolf
Normally the extra fuel filter use to be placed between the fuel pump and the carburator, the other option sounds a little elaborate as you would have to cut into the steel fuel line coming from the tank.

Dennis

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, was just an idea for a better quality. I will check the feul system on saturday.

Regards
Rolf

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have air in the fuel line then the mechanical pump will find it difficult to pull the fuel from the tank. You may need to put a little pressure on the the tank. I modified a cheap plastic fuel cap to go on the filler so that I could connect an air line to the tank, makes priming pumps (mechanical or electric) very easy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for the inputs. I will test and report back on saturday

Regards
Rolf

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got the car running with some air :)
Now i have to check if its running again in few days or the fuel go's back to the tank.

thanks again, I am happy. did my first test ride to check everything is working. Looks like I have to fix only the rust and make a service on the engine.

best regards
Rolf

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice TI and it's always good to see these cars getting the care and respect they deserve.
Putting in a new pump might be better, because not all replacement diaphragms fit properly, and putting in a new pump would give you the opportunity to add a filter between tank and pump, which probably would be a good idea. Pumps are cheap, but there is a caveat that the pump lever be of the proper length to mate with the rod from the engine.
Jeffrey

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
Nice TI and it's always good to see these cars getting the care and respect they deserve.
Putting in a new pump might be better, because not all replacement diaphragms fit properly, and putting in a new pump would give you the opportunity to add a filter between tank and pump, which probably would be a good idea. Pumps are cheap, but there is a caveat that the pump lever be of the proper length to mate with the rod from the engine.
Jeffrey
I agree with Jeff.. the filter before the pump

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As i was thinking about in my third post. But we will see.
First I have to prepare everything in my garage that I'm not mixing the parts. Otherwise we will have the first Giulietta with an V6 Engine ;)

I will create a second tread with the restoration progress when I know what I'm doing. Still not sure if I should fix the visible rust to get an license or strip down the car to know what I have.

regards
Rolf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.