Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I always loved the 456 but that version??? Not so much.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
If no one wants it - I'll take it!!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
If it can take 4x8 sheet's of plywood & drywall it could be useful.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The Sultan of Brunei was one of Ferrari's best customers and had many one off and custom cars built to his specs. At one point he had Rolls Royce Factory techicians live at one of his palaces year round to service his fleet. Many cabinet members drove Roll's as government vehicles and when they put on X amount of miles they would dump them off the end of a pier to form an artificial reef. This was deemed cheaper than dismantling.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Trans Am Station Wagon

Sports cars and station wagons just don't go together!! It reminds me of the 1978 Pontiac Trans Am Station Wagon concept car! I just looked it up and ironically enough the concept was designed by Pininfarina! http://www.indiemonkey.com/firebird/

But, like "sfalfa" said about the 456 wagon...If no one wants it - I'll take it!!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That must be what happened when a Vette and a Pacer shared a garage one night!

GV

Would be a good advertisment about the value of condoms IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Sports cars and station wagons just don't go together!! It reminds me of the 1978 Pontiac Trans Am Station Wagon concept car! I just looked it up and ironically enough the concept was designed by Pininfarina! http://www.indiemonkey.com/firebird/

But, like "sfalfa" said about the 456 wagon...If no one wants it - I'll take it!!
Yeah - that Trans Am is still around too...it reminds me a lot of this Daytona wagon...which I came across while looking for pictures of the Aston Martin Lagonda Shooting Brake a personal fave in all it's ugly glory (they're on my other computer). :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Could the Ferrari GTO "Breadvan" be considered as a station wagon, or shooting brake?
"Sportwagon" would work best...I think Shooting Brake is reserved for British makes, and station wagon is very American.:D Although, Lancia made the Olgiata (Sp?) Brake, a two-door wagon a while back...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Wagon

"Sportwagon" would work best...I think Shooting Brake is reserved for British makes, and station wagon is very American.:D Although, Lancia made the Olgiata (Sp?) Brake, a two-door wagon a while back...
Where would the engine go ..........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Where would the engine go ..........
Is that for real, or photoshopped?? I love it! I imagine the engine is still midship, but the load carrying capacity is probably limited to thin, flat objects - like popsicle sticks! :eek:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I have to believe it is photoshop, imagine the temperatures/engine roar for passngers. Still, a well done photoshop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts