Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1982 Ferrari Mondial, Red/ Black, 37,900 miles. Major service completed by Ferrari of Long Island in 2005. New Clutch. Most records (ALL since 2003). Tools, manual, spare and jack. This is a fun car to drive and a definite head turner. Dashboard, headliner, seats, carpet are in good shape. The car has been regularly serviced and runs very strong. New CD Player. Upgraded 86 Mondial Wheels (original wheels also included in price). $21,500 (OR best offer from an Alfisiti!) [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Nice looking car Sam. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you miss the mondial? why did you sell this car again? it is beautiful.
It is a looker. But hey, ever see a beautiful girl, but for some reason she doesn't do anything for you? OK, bad analogy, forget that. :p

Well, the car never did anything for me. Yes, it had its moments. For one, driving a Ferrari is like being on stage. Plenty of attention. I mean, valets moves brand new M3's out of the way for it.
Once moving along, it had a great sound and super handling.

But, it was not very comfortable to drive. You sit way low. It is slow off the line (0-60 in 9 secs). A/C is not useful except for cloudy days and at night.
My wife hated it because reliability was a joke. Don't get me wrong, no worse than any other f car of the same year; its just the way they are.
And for the price of a major service, I could buy a very nice s3 Alfa Spider.

So, anymore questions? :D

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
But, it was not very comfortable to drive. You sit way low. It is slow off the line (0-60 in 9 secs). A/C is not useful except for cloudy days and at night.
My wife hated it because reliability was a joke. And for the price of a major service, I could buy a very nice s3 Alfa Spider.
:mad:And you tried to unload that POS on me:eek::(:rolleyes:

;)

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:mad:And you tried to unload that POS on me:eek::(:rolleyes:

;)
LOL. Hey, like I said, IF you wanted a Ferrari, I still say mine was the one to have! Not to mention what I didn;t say in that post was I spent $20,000! to solve those problems! And for the price you wanted to pay, you would have thanked me! :D

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
LOL. Hey, like I said, IF you wanted a Ferrari, I still say mine was the one to have! Not to mention what I didn;t say in that post was I spent $20,000! to solve those problems! And for the price you wanted to pay, you would have thanked me! :D
:rolleyes: bla, bla, bla - you have already been taken off my "buddy list." :p

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:rolleyes: bla, bla, bla - you have already been taken off my "buddy list." :p
LOL. This is why I sold it to a dealer. Too many psycho buyers out there looking for a "new" Ferrari at used Honda prices, :eek: It is at Cannillo Motor Sports for 24,500, if still interested. :p

Seriously, if you were looking to buy a 1982 Mondial, you could have stolen mine, if, after a test drive, you liked it.
I had one guy from the Fiat board who seemed seriously interested. I gave him much detail and went over every single defect carefully. I am too honest to ever be able to make money selling used cars. :(

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
LOL. This is why I sold it to a dealer. Too many psycho buyers out there looking for a "new" Ferrari at used Honda prices, :eek: It is at Cannillo Motor Sports for 24,500, if still interested. :p

(
I may just do that:mad:. It would be worth it to spend a few extra bucks and at least get some sort of guarantee as to its mechical worthyness buying it from a dealer. I'm not as cheap as that Fiat guy who apparantly wanted it for nothing. :D

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may just do that:mad:. It would be worth it to spend a few extra bucks and at least get some sort of guarantee as to its mechical worthyness buying it from a dealer. I'm not as cheap as that Fiat guy who apparantly wanted it for nothing. :D
Yeah! Call me first! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts