Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so sunday 3 pm im coming up my hill to go home and i see this 328 bent in half and a young girl about 23 yo crying on the phone
i hope she knows she should be happy to be alive

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow. One thing about living in LA, you always see the weirdest car accidents. I can't tell you how many times my wife and I would see a car and think "Now how the heck did that happen?" I'm glad she was OK as you can always get another car.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Any good pictures of the girl :confused:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My guess is that she spun it while approaching from the left to the right in the picture. She got 200 degrees around when she collected the pole while traveling more backward than sideways.

The driver is indeed lucky, she could not have hit at more than 30-40 MPH and I don't know what it has to saw about the side-protection of the chassis - is this a center-backbone vs a side-rail frame?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, I hoe she was alright from the accident, but I gotta feeling that she's still not in the clear yet.

When daddy finds out what his daughter did to his Ferrari, you never know what he might do!

At least it was only a 328 and not something like that Enzo Ferrari Eddie Griffin totaled! Finding another 328 should be way easier and way cheaper too!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,083 Posts
Jeebus. Foot and a half more and her head would've been buried in that pole.

Remind me not to spin the Spider...

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
so sunday 3 pm im coming up my hill to go home and i see this 328 bent in half and a young girl about 23 yo crying on the phone
i hope she knows she should be happy to be alive
Daddy is going to be pissed!

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
anyone want a 308 motor for there 105 car???:)...guess i have to drive the bimmer, now,, what will my freinds say???
I'm glad she's OK, but the real loss was the crack in the glass of the gold-plated iPhone that got flung from her ear as the car spun.

That machine'll be totaled by the insurance company and some lucky junk yard, er, recycling yard will have all those nice bits for sale.

How much do you all suppose the "recycled" engine and trans-axle would run? :cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,390 Posts
Many "production" Ferrari's are quickly "TOTALED" because the value of the parts, is WAY more than the value of the car, or cost of repair. Many top Ferrari restoration shops have bidders for cars that have only suffered minor shunts as parts cars. Many of these cars were well cared for with low mileage, and the parts, say a rear clip, might exceed the value of an older Ferrari.
I usually encourage those that consider these cars special to them, despite high production numbers, to pay extra for "stated value insurance" so the owner can repair or part out at his/her option rather than the insurance company's option. The insurance company AS WELL AS THE OWNER, may make a profit on one of these "totaled" rather than repaired.
This should be a LESSON guys. I know of many VERY nice Giulia's that are worth more in parts than they MIGHT be insured for. Please consider "stated value insurance" for your special Alfa! Just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got a motor a few years ago for like 7k low miles ..
the car in the pictures was from auto gallery in the SFV CA i guess they just got it used had no plates on it , sad .

·
Registered
326 Posts
She got the car by riding a pole and she lost the car by riding a pole .
And what a ride it was!
Thus endeth the lesson.;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts