Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Has anyone come across replica 308 alloys that would fit a rwd 5x98 alfa ?

I believe they were originally made by Compomotive

Thanks in advance

Nick

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had come across that website searching through google

I found these today , they look similar but not quite the same

The search continues!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFAIK Ferrari uses 5 x 108 mm pattern
Cheers, Zafar
Do you know the model name of the alloy ?

I have seen pics of 5 studded and 4 studded versions on various alfa spiders and alfettas so that makes me think that they made them in more than one size ?

Thanks in advance

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Do you know the model name of the alloy ?

I have seen pics of 5 studded and 4 studded versions on various alfa spiders and alfettas so that makes me think that they made them in more than one size ?

Thanks in advance

Nick

The Alfetta/spider versions are most likely Chromodora Daytonas as mentioned above - or later repros on later spiders which are still available in 5 x 108 (which excludes any of the transaxle models)
Check my link for pics of my Alfetta sedan wearing Daytonas. I've never heard of the originals being made in a 5 lug pattern - but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Alfetta/spider versions are most likely Chromodora Daytonas as mentioned above - or later repros on later spiders which are still available in 5 x 108 (which excludes any of the transaxle models)
Check my link for pics of my Alfetta sedan wearing Daytonas. I've never heard of the originals being made in a 5 lug pattern - but I could be wrong.
Doh :(

Thanks for the info anyway

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Yeah - the inner circle of Hell has a 98mm diameter...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Sorry, but I don't think they exist. The closest thing I've seen are the Compomotive TS TS Modular Wheel. Though I've seen some Milano's with the Borbet Type "A"? that are a five star design like the early Momo Star (not that good looking imo). Also, International carries an Exip five star with a recessed face and bolt-hole covers - which means that you might be able to order blanks from the factory & have them custom drilled to 5x98. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I doubt you will ever find the exact Ferrari wheel in a 5x98 patern. If the hub bore isn't too big, you could redrill. If you want something like it, the above wheels are all good and I would add ATS Classics, though you would have to redrill them. I got the below wheels in a 4x100 and redrilled them to 4x98. They were meant for VWs and Porsches so they are also available in 5x130, so a redrill is needed there too.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.