Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfa Swap Meet/Festival in CT

I would like to organize an event this summer, any interest.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
What kind of event do you have in mind, and about when?

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Yes, please give us more details about your proposed event. I'm the president of AROC-CT, and we are interested in organizing and promoting Alfa events in Connecticut.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Event

I was hoping for a weekend in July or August to have a large gathering with perhaps a some sort of judging of vehicles, food and lots of Alfas. I have spoken with my local church, and it seems as though I may be able to secure their large, flat open parking lot to hold the event. I am open to any thoughts and suggestions as this is my first Alfa event!

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Where in Connecticut are you thinking of doing this?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Event

On a side note, I feel I should join the Chapter and work with you rather than working separately.

As for location, anywhere we can have a large showing, provided we can get the word out. My home in Wethersfield, CT, 5 minutes south of the capital seems as the best accommodation at the moment, as guests will have access to restrooms. My yard has sufficient space for some 40-50 cars or more, Ill have to see when the snow clears.

I had the privilege of attending the event at your house Mr. Cess, and couldn't wait to have a larger one. I appreciate any assistance and I plan to join the CT chapter shortly.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
It's worth noting that the Alfa national convention is in the middle of July (13-17), so you'll want to avoid that weekend.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
On a side note, I feel I should join the Chapter and work with you rather than working separately.

As for location, anywhere we can have a large showing, provided we can get the word out. My home in Wethersfield, CT, 5 minutes south of the capital seems as the best accommodation at the moment, as guests will have access to restrooms. My yard has sufficient space for some 40-50 cars or more, Ill have to see when the snow clears.

I had the privilege of attending the event at your house Mr. Cess, and couldn't wait to have a larger one. I appreciate any assistance and I plan to join the CT chapter shortly.
To join AROC, open the following link

http://www.aroc-usa.org/

then click on JOIN/RENEW. Be sure to select Connecticut as the chapter with which you wish to affiliate.

If your proposed event is to be an AROC-CT event, it needs to be presented to the chapter membership. For this purpose, the two upcoming AROC-CT meetings are as follow:

March 13 (Sunday) at Leo's Restaurant, located at 7 Poverty Road in Southbury. We meet at 10:00 AM for brunch.

March 26 (Saturday) at Patty's Restaurant, located at 495 Bantam Road (Route 202) in Litchfield. We meet for brunch at 10:00 AM.

Please let me know if you plan to attend either of these meetings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts