Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you, but I was anxious to see what brands would remain after the dust settled from the merger of FCA and PSA, now called Stellantis. Although obviously things could change at any time, at least for now it looks like Alfa Romeo is not going away. In fact, Motor Trend is reporting that CEO Carlos Tavares "recognizes the "grand value" and importance of the Alfa Romeo premium brand and Maserati luxury brands, and a long-term strategic plan is being developed for their profitable growth."

Bill

·
Registered
1985 Spider (SSM AutoX)
409 Posts
I don't think Alfa as a brand will go away, no. But will it stay in the USA? That's the question.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I read that FCA had been looking to merge with or acquire another company help them catch up in the EV technology race.
Is there an electric Alfa in the future?

·
Registered
1985 Spider (SSM AutoX)
409 Posts
Man, I'm all for electric cars. But I question the point of an electric Alfa in the same way that I question the point of an electric Ferrari.

But by the same token, the brand has reinvented and transformed itself so many times in the past... The Ferrari of it's time before the war, a manufacturer of luxury cars and funky hatchbacks in the 80's and 90's, whatever that was in the early 2000's, and a BMW and Mercedes rival now. It must become an electric/hybrid brand, if it wants to follow it's Germanic competitors.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Its the latest form of Evolution, at a corporate level.
Adapt or become extinct.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
What's there to feel better about? 14 different brands under one umbrella.... your gonna get soaked! Stellantis doesn't care about Alfa. Alfa will have the same fate as Fiat in NA.

·
Registered
1985 Spider (SSM AutoX)
409 Posts
It's looking like they may transition to a model where you have multiple brands, but fewer number of platforms or different vehicles per brand. Why do you need 14 brands competing with each other?

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My daily driver is a modern Alfa Romeo with nearly 70,000 miles on it. I intend to buy another in a few years if Alfa is still in the US at that point. After seeing many storied US brands (Olds, Mercury, Pontiac, Plymouth, etc) leave the market in the last 20 years, and several speculative reports of Alfa's potential demise leading up to and as a result of the FCA/PSA merger, I am just a bit relieved for now.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Agree on the nebulous name, Stellantis.
It shouldn't offend anyone in this era of lawsuits, protests and such.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
I would have liked to see Alfa under Ralph Gilles design portfolio. I know nothing about the other guy, but I do know that Mr. Gilles owns a beautiful GTV.

·
Administrator
14,463 Posts
If Stellantis doesn't kill at least half it's brands, it will loose money. Way too many brands fighting for the same buyer, and most buyers do not give a toss what the badge is on front

Pete

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I read that FCA had been looking to merge with or acquire another company help them catch up in the EV technology race.
Is there an electric Alfa in the future?
There has to be if they want to survive. ICE is going away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts