Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gauging interest on my '74 GTV in beautiful LeMans blue. Importantly, it is a dry, straight car without rust (or as rust free as an Alfa can be!); that is the go/no-go determinate for me period. I am located in Fairfield County, CT.

Before my ownership, the car had a full engine and glass out respray in the original color. I wouldn't say it is a #1 job but it is pretty good and I have videos of the process. Plus the previous owner did some mechanical refresh work on the car, etc. to prepare it for sale. He sells Alfas and other Italian cars out of Southern Jersey and races at Limerock; I can share more information on him directly if interested. My ownership: In Phase 1, my efforts have focused on an extensive mechanical refresh with sensible upgrades by one of the best in CT/NY area with receipts of ~$7K (can provide directly). It is now running well enough. My plan for Phase 2 is to continue to dial in the carbs/general running condition and update the interior. Yes, that is right, it isn't SPICA; I have had both, I like the carb set-up and low maintenance aspect. I would like to swap the original black seats with dark brown boarskin, replace the carpet and upgrade the veneers to mahogany, install Nardi steering wheel, new dash, etc. I saw this combo in AZ a few years ago and thought the car was breath-taking.

Why am I testing the market? First of all, I am not putting the car on BAT or EBAY for now. I would like to see if an actual enthusiast is interested in taking this car to the next level or appreciating it as a nice driver. I bought this car when I had a large garage with a lift and spare time. Now I have no time and a small garage with four cars and a motorcycle on dolly's and honestly it is a pain especially in winter. Despite best efforts I don't have the set-up to appreciate this gorgeous piece of automotive history and art. I am just looking to cover most of my investment for mid-$30s but note that I do not need to sell so will not even respond to low inquires.

Update: 3-15-21
  • Took the car out today in 30 degree weather, drove well
  • Took some pictures but max is 10 on BB so here is a link to a Google Drive
  • The sun is low so the color sill comes out darker in the photos. There is a pic of an AZ car with the title "Not Mine" in the description in the photo drive which is closer to the color when outside
  • My iPhone storage is full but I will try to add a few videos once I clear out space
  • Open small issues that I am working through:
    • Door handle mechanism needs some lubricant as they can get temporarily stuck. Was planning on taking panels off and adjusting what needs it
    • Driver door handle is not original, have brand new and used replacements, was planning on addressing at same time as above
    • Need to re-connect horn but was debating a nicer wheel
    • All gauges were working in shop and I paid for the labor, now they aren't. May be fuse? Note all lights are working correctly and the amber bulbs are new
    • I bought a new Shifter vinyl cover that I need to put on
Recent work done:
  • Parts I bought: Classic Alfa ($100) and Centerline ($150)
  • Classic alfa repair shop in CT - Shop upon request
    • New brake master cylinder, new brake lines, replace and flush brake fluid
    • New dual Weber carburetors
    • New fuel pump and sender
    • New full Exhaust system
    • New Pertronix ignition, new Marcelli distributor and coil
    • Cast iron Headers
    • New tires
    • New battery
    • New plugs, oil and fuel filters, air filter
    • Intake cam
    • Valve adjustment
    • Sort wiring, brackets, etc
    • Reset steering wheel and change tie rod end
  • Prior Owner work last 5-years
    • Full (Engine / glass out) respray in original Lemans blue
    • Mechanical refresh
Thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig
I May be interested. Would certainly like to see some more pics and videos.
Thanks
Of course, I need to pull it out of the garage and take photos when I am back from a trip week of 22nd. If you PM me your cell I have a short video of the car running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gauging interest on my '74 GTV in beautiful LeMans blue. Importantly, it is a dry, straight car without rust (or as rust free as an Alfa can be!); that is the go/no-go determinate for me period. I am located in Fairfield County, CT.

Before my ownership, the car had a full engine and glass out respray in the original color. I wouldn't say it is a #1 job but it is pretty good and I have videos of the process. Plus the previous owner did some mechanical refresh work on the car, etc. to prepare it for sale. He sells Alfas and other Italian cars out of Southern Jersey and races at Limerock; I can share more information on him directly if interested. My ownership: In Phase 1, my efforts have focused on an extensive mechanical refresh with sensible upgrades by one of the best in CT/NY area with receipts of ~$7K (can provide directly). It is now running well enough. My plan for Phase 2 is to continue to dial in the carbs/general running condition and update the interior. Yes, that is right, it isn't SPICA; I have had both, I like the carb set-up and low maintenance aspect. I would like to swap the original black seats with dark brown boarskin, replace the carpet and upgrade the veneers to mahogany, install Nardi steering wheel, new dash, etc. I saw this combo in AZ a few years ago and thought the car was breath-taking.

Why am I testing the market? First of all, I am not putting the car on BAT or EBAY for now. I would like to see if an actual enthusiast is interested in taking this car to the next level or appreciating it as a nice driver. I bought this car when I had a large garage with a lift and spare time. Now I have no time and a small garage with four cars and a motorcycle on dolly's and honestly it is a pain especially in winter. Despite best efforts I don't have the set-up to appreciate this gorgeous piece of automotive history and art. I am just looking to cover most of my investment for mid-$30s but note that I do not need to sell so will not even respond to low inquires.

I am planning on taking pictures in about a week after a short trip.

Thank you for your time. This is social media so please keep the correspondence pleasant and don't be that guy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry all - I should not have posted this until I’m back. Will upload pictures, a video or two and service records the week of the 22nd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts