Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Devil's Lake during the Rallye Barne>Riley 2001 event.

Attachments

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Joe,

I can tell that you took the photo since it has perfect composition! Only a professional photographer or graphic designer shoots like that.

Nice picture cant believe I missed it the first time around.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Simon,

I'm far from a professional behind the lens but sometimes I get lucky! It also helps when the surroundings are beautiful and the Alfas are plentiful, as on that day.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another one, same bat time, same bat place...

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
to 67 gtv

Nice cars. I have a 64 giulia sprint gt which was imported from Italy. It was the first year of the 105 body with the step nose. In 64, there were no veloce's, even though mine has been modified to veloce trim and mechanicals.
In 64, the previous generation sprint was also in production (101 body) so there was some overlap. As soon as I can i will post some photos of my Alfa's for all to enjoy. The general.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: to 67 gtv

generaljimt said:
Nice cars. I have a 64 giulia sprint gt which was imported from Italy. It was the first year of the 105 body with the step nose. In 64, there were no veloce's, even though mine has been modified to veloce trim and mechanicals.
In 64, the previous generation sprint was also in production (101 body) so there was some overlap. As soon as I can i will post some photos of my Alfa's for all to enjoy. The general.
Thanks Jim! I look forward to checking out your Sprint GT!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, here you go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Thanks

Car looks just like mine, but mine is blue. Sits at the same height as yours.
What size are your panasports?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Panasports are 14 x 6 with 205/60-14 tires. The car has old (pre-AR Ricambi) Shankle Sport Springs. I'm pretty happy with the set up overall, although I feel the Spax shocks are a the weak link.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I love the silver GTV!! Is that the stock
Alfa silver? Or has it been painted?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keven,

The car was painted once in 1980, but they did a nice job of matching the original Alfa color. I have had it next to an unrestored, unfaded-original-paint GTV of the same color and they were very, very close.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts