Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my 94 LS Automatic. It shift into 2nd too quickly and has no power until you get rpms up. The check eng lite came on and we got it off by replacing the anti knock sensors and cam angle sensors. Lite is out, but still no power. It runs well on highway when you are up to speed. I am not sure if tensioner slipped or I have a computer error, but thought I would ask for help before I removed cam covers. Any thoughts?

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
If you put the car

into 1st gear by pulling the shifter all the way back, does the car pull hard / accelerate like nobody's business?

Is the 'ICE" switch stuck

Did this happen all at once or over a period of time?

Before you pull trans apart I would try to isolate as timing/engine issue or trans issue

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We found the timing off by 3 teeth on the front cam and 1 tooth on the rear cam. I had the tensioner and belt replaced less than a year ago. I do not abuse the car, so this is surprising. Hopefully, this will solve this drama.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back on the road. One difference, amazing power. We reset the timing and lost the cat for a Y pipe. Really impressive power and sound. I am a spider guy. I have an 86 and a 91 but this car is fun to drive. We replaced 3 sensors, 2 cam angle and anti-knock. Did not solve the power issue, only turned out the check engine light. Valve covers revealed the real problem. Now it is great. A few more issues from the former geniuses, I mean mechanics, and I will have a great car. They cut the wires which feed the front cigarette and overhead lights. This should be interesting. Thanks for your comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts