Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
'69 GTV 1750, '92 Spider Veloce
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
I've fried my B047 Fan Relay with integrated 30 AMP fuse.
Exhausted my search through the normal ALFA parts purveyors.

Please PM me if you have any of these for sale.

Many Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offers folks - didn't realize these little beauties would be so pricey.
I have a spare now to replace the relay given to me at the convention, props to John Rady, who saved me in Kingston ON!
I wouldn't mind another, so I'll keep my eyes out
Ciao,
Andy

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you put in in-line fuses on the fan wires, you can then use Tyco horn relays for BMW (light green). They are about $12 each.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping to stay OEM for the time being, but I do appreciate the back door fix.
As this is under the dash on the S4, I don't want to jamb anything else under there.
Again, Many thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I purchased a new relay from Centerline Alfa, and the current price is $29.95. I would not use a used relay because the points burn and create a poor connection which leads to high temperature. I do not need to burn my wiring harness due to a bad relay. I had problems with the Milano fan relay which led to overheating on the freeway. The relay is the same as the AC relay.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I purchased a new relay from Centerline Alfa, and the current price is $29.95. I would not use a used relay because the points burn and create a poor connection which leads to high temperature. I do not need to burn my wiring harness due to a bad relay. I had problems with the Milano fan relay which led to overheating on the freeway. The relay is the same as the AC relay.
Thank you Centerline. These were unavailable for a long time. I just ordered a couple myself.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to centerline recently fella's, while the correct relay is pictured, it doesn't come with the integrated 30 amp fuse.
The photo is incorrect on their website.
Andy

·
Supporting Vendor
4,378 Posts
I spoke to centerline recently fella's, while the correct relay is pictured, it doesn't come with the integrated 30 amp fuse.
The photo is incorrect on their website.
Andy
HUH? I don't know why anyone would have told you it doesn't come with the 30 amp fuse.

The part we currently supply comes with BOTH a 10 amp and 30 amp fuse, so it can function as the fan relay (10A) or A/C relay (30A) on various models. It's made by a quality vendor (HELLA) and is sometimes in short supply, but it is the correct replacement part.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
The relay is the same but the fuse has a different value depending upon the use. I mentioned before that the relay points burn after many years of use and cannot be cleaned. I always carry a spare fan relay because the car will overheat when the radiator fan does not work.

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts
Same fused relay used on 91-93 164s for low beam headlights (10A) and horn relay, A/T cooler fan and on optimal split rear seats (30A).

·
Registered
263 Posts
So I just bought two of these relays from centerline. Each only has four prongs (missing the center 87). When I used it to power my radiator cooling fans (there are two in my car, 1991 spider), only the right one came on. So I do need the 5th prong if I don't want to make any modification to my fuse box. Did I get the wrong part somehow?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would contact Joecab above - he seems to be the representative from Centerline. However, an Employee of CL told me different.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,378 Posts
I think there is some confusion with the exact application of this part. Our part number FT627 lists as fitting the following applications:

Milano: Radiator Fan AND A/C Relay

S4 Spider: A/C Relay ONLY

164: A/C Relay ONLY

It does only have 4 prongs; the original relays had 5 prongs but the center #87 prong was not used for the applications listed above. If you are using it for an application other than listed above and need two #87 output prongs you will need to do some minor rewiring to make it work.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
So I just bought two of these relays from centerline. Each only has four prongs (missing the center 87). When I used it to power my radiator cooling fans (there are two in my car, 1991 spider), only the right one came on. So I do need the 5th prong if I don't want to make any modification to my fuse box. Did I get the wrong part somehow?
lancia delta integrale uses this double #87 pin, MP2335 relay for the fog lights.
available new in Germany if you are looking for new: check ebay # 361906997269
(very pricy though)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts