Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the cross post, but I haven't gotten a response from the Spider Forum and I can't find an answer using search so....a three part question...

1. What is the fan belt size on a serries 2 Spider (11.1mmx84 cm?)
2. What is the fan belt size on a series 4 Spider?
3. What is the correct size for a series 2 with an alternator from a Milano?

I ask this because I have installed a new alternator in my series 2, the higher output Bosch model, and the new fanbelt I bought at Centerline is too short, it needs to be about 4 cm longer to give me enough play to adjust the tension correctly.

TIA:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fan Belt Sizes and Product Codes

I did some research and answered my own question, so I thought I would post the answer in case it is of use to anyone else.

The Product Codes for the fanbelt from a Series 2 Spider are:

Dayco 15320
Goodyear 15325
NAPA 25-08113
GATES 7320

With the Dayco and Goodyear codes the '15' refers to an 11mm wide V-belt series, the later numbers are the length in inches.

When is upgraded my alternator from the older style to a higher output model, the 65 to 75 AMP BOSCH AL16X with the built in regulator, I was able to use the fan and pulley from the old alternator and as per some previous posts had to shave 2 mm from the lower portion of the alternator bracket to avoid having the fan hit the bracket. I replaced the old flimsy wire harness from the regulator and terminal block with a single 6 guage wire from the alternator to the terminal block. The old regulator is trash. The swap also requires a slightly longer fan belt, perhaps two or more inches longer. The correct Dayco numbers for longer belts are:

Dayco 15340 - Two inches longer than 15320
Dayco 15350 - Three inches longer than 15320

I hope this info helps someone else! Cheers.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Ian:

Many years later yes, this is helpful. I need to buy one locally and needed a part number or size. I read european post of 825mm which comes out to 32.5" which matches your post.

I'm curious as to why you needed a longer belt with the new alternator when you retained the pulley from the original. I would have imagined that it should come out to the same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stefano,

Sorry for my tardy reply! My assumption, years later after having sold the car, is that the new alternator has a slightly different mounting configuration that added a couple of inches to the required belt size even thought the pulley was the same. Anyways, I hope my post helped!

Ian

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got 5 NOS belts for older Alfas that I will never use. Two - 13mm x 850, two 13mm x 870 (all of these say "2600"), and one 11mm x 850. Note the width on some packaging says 12.5mm or 10.5mm because they are of different manufacturers but they all measure just about exactly the same - and will fit the pulley regardless. For example, the 11mm actually measures 10.81mm! Anyhow, five bucks apiece + cheap shipping as I can put in a Tyvek envelope for USPS. Contact me at [email protected] as I don't monitor the BB. Mr. Goose in Atlanta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts