Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a way to mend the reflective material on the false firewall?

While I have it out of the car, I am cleaning the surface. I would like to remedy a few places where the aluminum has torn.

·
Premium Member
27,274 Posts
Does anyone have a way to mend the reflective material on the false firewall?

While I have it out of the car, I am cleaning the surface. I would like to remedy a few places where the aluminum has torn.

Maybe some sticky aluminum sticky duct tape for household a/c ducts would work OK. Clean surface good with acetone or equal solvent to help make it stick.

I also use foam sticky tape for inside edging like used to seal a "camper" cap shell onto a pickup truck bed.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some of that tape, and I'll give it a try.
My only concern is the heat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
HVAC tape is great

John,
No surprise, Steve's suggestions are right on target! I used the HVAC silver metallic tape on my false firewall last summer, and it has held up wonderfully. And I used high quality aftermarket marine weatherstriping along the back edge. I made sure to clean the original surface well with solvent, and both materials have held great. No issues with heat or discoloration.

The only issue has been along the top where I have removed the factory weatherstripping seal a couple of times, and the silver tape has torn slightly. But a second layer of tape should fix it next time I have it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts