Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both driver and passenger side visors will not stay upright or even tucked back towards the windshield making driving somewhat unsafe. A parts guy (Alfa Parts Exchange in CA.) said replacing them is not the issue-there is wear and tear on the post that they hang from and it slips. He recommended drilling into the female part where the post goes in and inserting soem kind of pin to keep them in place.

First of all, I don't know what size drill bit he is thinking because it seems a small space to drill in. Second, that suggests the visor can only stay in one place.

Does anyone have a recommendation outside of buying new visors?

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Falling visors

How about wrapping the pin that fits into the female piece with some tape and fatten it up. Maybe it will not be so loose.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Have a look at this thread... (The subject has been convered before, so a search will probably list additional threads.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just whittled a piece of wood that fits into the part of the latch that is on the windshield and holds the visor up. It works for me when the top is down. When the top is up I have little velco dots on the visors and on the top of the windshield frame that seem to work OK. Maybe not the most high tech but it works

·
Registered
521 Posts
I wrapped a black rubber band around the pin that the visor spins around and tied a knot in it. It adds just enough friction to stop it from falling. Temporary fix, I'm sure, but it works so far.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I concur with intune. I disassembled on oef my visors and took the post part to my favorite "big box" hardware store. Found an plumbing o-ring w/the correct ID -- fixed my drooping visors like a charm. I don't believe I spent more than $2 on the fix.

·
Registered
622 Posts
try rust

I live by the beach and I am convinced that rust on the pin from the salt air is the trick for mine:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts