Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday, October 8, 2011

NO COST for the tour.

Northern Alabama, Tenneessee River Valley Fall Colors Tours.

Gather starting at 9:00 AM, in front of Barnes and Noble Bookstore at Jones Valley Mall, 2750 Carl T. Jones Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35802. Drivers meeting 9:45 AM, First car out 10:00 AM. Ending at Larry and Belinda Smith's home for BBQ, Texas Style brisket and sausage, and pot luck lunch. Contact Larry to sign up for lunch items.
email [email protected]. Telephone 254/644 64 65 (note area code 254).

We will be taking voluteers to bring stuff to add in for pot luck. Write me, email or PM, for a list of things we'll need, or offer up your specialty!

This is going to be super fun. Don't miss out. All Marques invited. Tell your friends to join us.

(RSVP to make sure I have enough food and chairs on hand. I don't need a hard number that are coming, just a pretty good number.)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for added details.
Lets hear from you guys!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
OK--had to stand on the 1750 spider brakes Sunday to miss a deer on Hobbs Island road--big **** deer--jumped right in front of me--the 1750 stopped like a pro. After that the pedal slowly goes down from a full pedal but comes all the way up when I release it but will slowly go down with pedal pressure. Did not notice any brake fluid loss at the time--So my rebuilt ATE master cylinder didn't hold up after about a 1000 miles ago when I did a complete brake job including a new lockheed booster. Ordered a new MC from alfaholics today--Ate replica with single system with 1 booster (22mm). Climbed in the car tonight in hopes that it self healed and put pressure on the pedal--went to the floor after a time. Checked the fluid and now it appears to be going down--a puddle under the car about under the rear shelf. I'll jack it up tomorrow night and order the rear brake regulator from alfaholics if thats the culprit or build a new line if thats the problem. Bottom line is I intend to be in an Alfa on the fall tour--even if it's Scott's new-fangled 88 Quad. What kind of bread do we want with the BB Larry? In Alabama if the BB is good all you need is a loaf of white bread :cool: (with lots of beer of course)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I was complaining yesterday because the battery died in the 164! Hope you get her up and running for the tour Frank.

It's cooler out, and the deer are indeed moving. Be careful out there!

A good white bread is fine, or a couple of bags of hamburger buns. Looks right now like maybe a dozen people, but it could grow as we get closer.

Since it is a bit cooler out now, and getting dark earlier, we're going to have a bonfire as well if anyone wants to hang out. We'll have the bonfire anyway as we need to get rid of the last of the April storm limbs.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Awesome! Gotta have a fire. We'll bring folding chairs, light jackets, and cold beer along with a side dish. Maybe a tent and sleeping bags too!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump - a - roonie

Tour this weekend: cars, beer, BBQ, fire... what could go wrong? (Just kidding, we'll keep it safe, no rockets or submarines.)

Come on down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am RSVPing. I plan to attend this event unless something comes up I'll be there with 1 more perhaps. I will also try to make meeting tonight.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool!
Congrats to Frank. He got the rockets and submarines reference. But, now he wants to bring rockets. Solid fuel only, Frank. No one wants to run their beer through the still. They have other plans for it.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Well Done Larry

Beautiful day, wonderful route (convention worthy!), eclectic and interesting cars (and owners ;)), and as usual, excellent food including Larry's special Alfa pies. I ran sweeper with no need to stop and tried to take as many photos as I could but the route so was fun and challenging, most of the time I had to keep both hands on the wheel as my copilot/photographer was pressed into navigator duties in the lead car. Mountain, farm, and valley roads (and maybe one goat trail) made for a great tour. We ended up at Larry's country villa for BBQ and suds with everyone arriving that started, including six Italian cars; two new FIAT 500s, two Spiders including Flivesay's '69 boattail, a GTV-6 and my Milano.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pie, not my best work. I think the other one was a bit more photogenic. Both tasted good, tho...
It was a fine time. Thanks to everyone who came and brought food. I enjoyed hosting the party and I hope y'all will come back. Maybe we'll do it again when I get the barn repair finished.
Thanks for loan of your Nav, Jim. Amelia was a big help to me in keeping everything running smooth and mostly keep us from getting lost! Here are some pictures of our gathering time at Jones Valley Mall.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some more pictures at the end of the tour. This sure was fun. Now we need to recruit someone to lead the Spring tour!

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
It's cooler out, and the deer are indeed moving. Be careful out there!
And it sounds like popcorn outside in the early AM and evening twilight here now. Thinning the herd. I almost bagged an 8-pointer in the 'Burb out by F'burg several evenings ago. :eek:

Sounds like you guys had a ball!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
morgan

Pics of one of the Brit cars in the pack--you don't have to worry about rust but termites could be a problem

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts