Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After pampering the 164S for the last 15 years, at 93,000 kms and given the modest residual value of the car I decided to do a road trip in it. I treated it to a new timing belt and mechanical tensioner and a new serpentine belt and tensioner bearing along with the other usual tune up items prior to leaving. Headed west out of Saskatoon to Vancouver for a few days visit and a turkey dinner (Canadian Thanksgiving) then down the coast to San Francisco along the scenic and serpentine hwy 101. I can't imangine a better road to enjoy the Alfa on with many turns posted at 15 mph and little traffic at this time of year. The 164 performed flawlessly, logging 5993 kms with a better than expected overall average fuel consumption of 8.54 liters per 100 kilometers. Only had to add 1 liter of Mobile 1 15/50 over the entire trip. Only downer was picking up two rocks along the way, one in the windshield that I can live with and the other one taking the glass out of the the driver side fog lamp!!! So if any one has a spare fog lamp that they could let go, please let me know.

Bart
91 164S
89 Maserati 228
86 Mercedes 190e
2000 Ford Focus Wagon

Attachments

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
That's a great trip. I had my Berlina down that way to San Fran a few years ago, camping along the way. It was great.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Very good journey. Alfa 164 has a great potential in life in spite of it age. The car should move, + a good host, it awakens in it life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts