Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've never been but use to work down the street from where this is held. From what I could tell of the cars passing by heading to the show, there were a lot of jags, mgs, porsches and some lotus. Didn't see any Alfa's drive by last year (I was lookin!) but I'm sure it varies from year to year. I do remember a fair number of garage queens being trailered to and fro...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have never been to this event before either, but will be attending this year for the first time. I have entered my GTV6 and Ducati. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you see the article in the Sunday New York Times, Automotive section, about the guy in NYC who has a GTV6? A daily driver, not a concours car. Nice article, also had some on line content when I think he takes a drive on the car, have not had a chance to look for that yet, you may have to be NYT subscriber to see it. Might be worth picking up the Sunday Times to read it (I will see if I can post a link).

Glad to see your car and cycle will be exhibited; I am going to try to make it (I m in Hamden so should just be a nice drive down the Merritt Pkwy).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm looking to go to this event as well.

I'll drive the Spider down for the ride, far be it from a concours vehicle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did any one else but me go?

Although I initially thought it was going to be a drag to drive all the way down there to just stand behind some ropes and view from afar, the nice weather looked to make it at least tolerable a trip.

What a pleasant suprise I had when I got there.

A concours show with NO ROPES.

The cars, about 50 or 60 of them were truely outstanding in the variety.

This would rank as #2 for this year (Tutto Italiano at the Larz Museum, Brookline, MA I'd say was #1 for Italian excusivity) as car shows go that are more than just a muscle car show and shine, not that there's anything wrong with that.

And yes, some Alfa's: a 1930's 8C 2600?, GTV6 and a few more obscure models that I don't recall the exact specs (oh the pain of old age...lol) And then too the lesser cars Duesnberg, Dalahaye, a genuine AC 289 FIA (what a sound..wowwww), Sunbeam Tiger, Bugatti's, etc, etc to name just a few.

But overall I'd say worth going with the variety of cars with an even smattering of old racers, brass era, vintage foreign, US muscle, and even a few modern day super cars ( I would have never guessed that a McLaren had a passenger seat).

All in all, a great setting, nicely organized, plenty of parking and would recomend to be on one's list of future shows to go to.

If only the people of Westport would get over their hang up about letting folks know what route they are on or at the intersection of. Was kind of a PIA to find and get back to the Merrit Parkway. Oh, and another thing, if you wind up "disoriented", watch out for the speed bumps IN THE ROAD. As me how I know...ugh. Thank God for oil sump guards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks all

thanks for the great comments. I'm one of the founders and we insisted on several things...no ropes, lots of diversity, and let's have some fun. We had a few Alfas last year including one prewar 12 cylinder from Draggone's in Bridgeport. This year we will feature the "Class of 58". Ferraris, and Cars of Amelia Island. But the main reason for my posting was to find some interesting cars for this year. We are an invitation show, but if you have an usual Alfa , motorcycle or another interesting car, give me a buzz and we can discuss. Looking for a 60's Spyder or a 2600..., but an interesting sedan or wagon would be great..anything to get the folks hyped up about the new 8C coming. I have seen it in person and it is lovely..

John Shuck
Director of Operations
Fairfield County Concours
BMW R90S's, Norton, Triumph, Jaguar, etc. 203-222-0377

1 - 7 of 7 Posts