Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
at least they have (I'll paraphrase)....."sanitized remaining surfaces with anti-bacterial scrub".........would be better off spending the money on getting rid of the knee bolsters....
:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
at least they have (I'll paraphrase)....."sanitized remaining surfaces with anti-bacterial scrub".........would be better off spending the money on getting rid of the knee bolsters....
:)
they also spent a lot on "chrome retouched". Lots of chrome on S4's

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
As the owner of an S4 I hope there's a bidding war and the final price exceeds the owners dreams.

All you S3 owners should get in there and upgrade.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $24,000 for it but then again if I were to buy an S4 I'd would buy a clean daily driver for between $9000 and $15,000.

·
Registered
398 Posts
That, my friend, is quite the custom.
My wife doesn't like to drive the Spider. A little too rustic to her taste. On the other hand, she absolutely loves to drive my Fiat Coupe but, the Fiat is a "modern" hardtop. She wants a convertible. So the next addition will need to be a "modern" convertible. I'll bet this custom Spider would be a nice fit!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I suspect the spider on eBay would be bought by a novice collector who wants to jump in with money to burn on something relatively "rare" and "Italian." And not want to take a chance on let's say a 308/328 needing some work.

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
Although I am still in savings mode for my next Italian beauty, I certainly would be tempted to lay down that kind of cash for this one...Completed & Ready to Ship | Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories
That Alfaholics 24v V-6 spider is amazing. I didn't see a price on the Alfaholics website but would guess it is >> the asking price of the ebay silver S4 in Illinois. I wonder if Alfaholics built the car on spec, or if a customer commissioned it and lost interest in the project.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There was some comment on the Alfa Romeo Owners Club UK board about the Alfaholics project. It is a completed and delivered project, commissioned by the no doubt very happy owner.

There was no price but there was confirmation from someone who knows that over 1,000 hours went into it. Assuming £50 per hour that equates to $80,000. For the labour!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I suspect the spider on eBay would be bought by a novice collector who wants to jump in with money to burn on something relatively "rare" and "Italian." And not want to take a chance on let's say a 308/328 needing some work.
A good friend of mine got an 89 Testarossa with about 20,000 miles on it three years ago for $38,000. Needed nothing other than a few light bulbs. While he likes his Mondial better for handling and fun, he says the TR is pretty darn fun on the open road. I know a TR is not everyone's cup of tea and will cost five times more to maintain than a Spider, dollar for dollar what would you buy for $38,000?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I saw several of their restored Fiat Spiders at the Fiat Freak Out this summer. Their cars are spectacular in person, and those interiors with high-grade leather everywhere - ooh, baby! You could literally smell the leather from twenty feet away from each one of their cars.

Their shop is not far from me, and I'd love to have them do some work on my Fiat and Lancia, but based on their asking price for this Alfa, I don't think they'd be a very cost-effective way to go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It is good to see dealers trying to bring the prices up for these cars. They have been, and still are, valued way too low. About 10-15 years ago the spiders were priced similar to the GTVs, even higher here in sweden. For some reason the GTV are now close to double the value.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts