Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1972 Giulia Super 1.3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know, or better yet have a pic, of where front speakers would’ve been installed from the factory on a Super? I’m getting the interior redone on my ‘72, and a previous owner had retrofitted speakers into each of the front doors. I’d rather not put them back there. Is the true location down low, next to your feet? Or underneath the dash? Of course my manuals are in the car at the shop and I’m having a heck of a time googling/searching for a detailed pic. Thanks

·
Registered
1972 Giulia Super 1.3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect thanks- now that I think about it, I think there’s a perforated area in the dash that must’ve been where the original speaker went. And this doesn’t seem adequate if you’re looking for a ton of sound, which is likely why others have routed to the doors. But in my case I’ll be putting it back to original. Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
4,447 Posts
I've been happy with a bluetooth Bose speaker in my Super, which I wedge in between the front seats and the shifter. It fits nicely, mostly stays put, and provides pretty good sound all things considered, and is easily removed.

·
Premium Member
22,805 Posts
Yes, the center grille on the dash, and some/all cars had a grille in the center of the rear parcel shelf. At least all of mine have. So you can get stereo turned 90 degrees.
Andrew

·
Registered
122 Posts
My ‘72 Super does not have a perforated dash. It does have speakers in the doors.
15010AD4-C645-416C-AC44-A4B8F4378E93.jpeg

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
My 69 Super Biscione has a single speaker angled downward from the perforated dash bottom in area of shifter.

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts