Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I have been in an accident a few months back which lead to my rear left wheel/rim broken
After repair on the certified dealer (only certified one in my country)
the car is a bit off and sways when "accelerating" especially when the roads are not smooth
Although I returned it for a check, they said the alignment is ok, the problem is the tire needs to be replaced
However, when I check on experienced geometry workshops (although not on alfas)
found out (even I noticed) the rear left tire has almost ZERO camber, while the right rear (which was not involved in the accident) is slightly has a negative camber
I am not sure if this is related to the reason why the car intermittently sways while driving, but of course, I need to realign it

I couldn't find the factory alignment specs for it. Does anyone know where I can find it? My model is Giulia 2.0L

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Most alignment shops have computerized equipment. They dial in the VIN or possibly make model and year and the machine does the rest.

Camber needs to match left and right but may not be separately adjustable. There will likely be tie rods that control rear wheel alignment adjusting toe and camber at the same time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
II recall seeing some shared alignment specs... might want to spend a little bit search on the forum.

·
Administrator
14,977 Posts

Pete

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The only information I could find on the internet suggests that rear camber can only be adjusted if the LCA mounting bolt to the subframe is replaced with a cam bolt. Trouble is that will also affect toe in. Before resorting to camber bolts I'd be wanting a frame check to ensure the subframe and its mounting points had not moved.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,665 Posts
The dealer wanted $265.00 for an alignment on my 2017. I took it to a local shop where he scanned the tag on the B pillar put it on the rack and adjusted all that can be adjusted and gave me a printout of the before and after all for the grand total of $85.00. The reason for the alignment was new tires.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Was rear toe adjusted, before and after? If so what was the rear camber difference?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Alignment info is this post on the Giulia forum

·
Registered
819 Posts
Not sure if the Guilia 2.0 alignment specs are the same as the quad 2.9 version. You might want to search the guilia forum for 2.0 specs or look in owners manual. Could be alignment or tire but you should inform your insurance company in the event that there is additional damage to the control arms, shock, mounting points etc underneath that was not detected/repaired. Sorry for your hassle. What country are you in, with only one certified repair shop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts