Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fabulous GTAm wannabe RACECAR, 1971 w/2L.

Another Fabulous 1971 Alfa GTV race car for sale.

It is being built now, and will look very much like the car pictured and described here, but with small rear tail lights, and 1750 type front trim and grill, and the doors will be steel skins with both swinging / latching.

Once again, just about everything you would want to do on a GTV, will be done on this car.

And it will be fresh, ready to race.

--See the attached files-- and ask me for more pictures.

Call with any questions: 203-966-6797
or email:[email protected]
or contact through bb here.

Or just call and tell me you like the car. Or wanna talk ALFA racing... I've been doing it for 37 years! Fully hands-on.

I am interested in moving the car out, and making room for the next two that I have already started. I need the room. and the $.

Steve Fog

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
OMG!!
I think I need a cigarette after looking at this car. Thanks for the reminder of how much it sucks to be a regular guy!
There are several appendages I would be willing to do without in order to have a car like this.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Vary, vary nice. And a vary detailed description, the only thing that's been left out is, how much are you asking for the car?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
price reduction

I am entertaining offers and or suggestions.. I would like to hear what people think might be a good pricing for this car. Please comment.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Steve,

First off VERY cool car.
As to value, here are your major problems as I see them. The car preparation does not fit perfectly anywhere except where you are racing it. Many vintage organizations will not allow the extent of fiberglass, chassis modification, dry sump and brake modification you have done. Widely legal vintage GTV's were selling last year for $18k-$35k ready to race. The bigger money usually comes with actual Trans-am history before 1974.
Full tube frame SCCA GT3 and GT lite cars with loads of spares and succesful Run-offs history can be had for under $20k. Some of these cars would cost well over $100k to reproduce and have over $10k worth of shock absorbers on them.
I think your best market would be a Ferrari club guy looking for a less expensive track-day car that they could bring to their club events and only have to meet safety criteria.
Now is a tough time regardless, as the economy is tight and non-collector cars seem to be suffering.

I think you should keep on racing it. Chronical your porsche beating exploits (post video) and make the car famous in it's own right.

Andy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
price drop

As the car remains for sale, and I am too busy to work on the sale, I will drop the price. Anyone interested should call. I will then find what price makes sense in the first few calls, and work out a sale. The car deserves a good home with a racer interested in having fun with it.
Race prep shops should respond, too, as the car is all race, runs hard and wins often.

More pics are available, and it is listed in:
1972 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce Picture Page

Ya'll call back, now, ya hear!

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Alfa And Race Shops Take Note

We will share a fee for bringing a buyer for this car. It will be a very robust car, 100% ready to go, and would be great fun to prep for a customer on an ongoing basis.

I will reconfigure the car to any equipment combination required for any sanctioning body, so no worries please about what's legal and what's not.

I need more dialog on this. Please just call to bench race, or ask about our results with the car, or whatever. Ask me for video's, what ever.

Steve Fog

·
Registered
62 Posts
Absolutely a gorgeous car! You would have to teach me to drive it, and seeing how I even get beat up and man handled by a '61 1300cc giluietta exhaust manifold we both would tire pretty fast.

Now if we could turn it into a grand tourer......well just a thought there.

Russell

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
the red car pictured has a new home. Hopefully we will be seeing it run here in the northeast. I have so enjoyed my stewardship, and have passed the car on to a very worthy new owner.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now, another GTV GTAm wannabe available.

I am listing my 2nd GTAm project in this heading. It will be near to the specification of the red car sold last year. As I take photos of the project and list the parts, I will make that information available.

So, stay tuned, and call me with any questions. This is a big year for Alfa racing, and I will be pleased to give someone an excellent car to go racing with.
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I'll follow this one.:cool:

Steve

We talked a couple of times last year when I was looking for a 101 Sprint.:)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can you post some pics, information, and price please

1 - 20 of 21 Posts