Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,041 Posts
A super article on a Supercar. A great 15 year run (62-77). Thanks for linking!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes, thanks for linking, Dan. Cumberford is an automobile designer and I loved that he shows me things I didn't know about the design of the Super.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Actually that whole issue has a " Viva Italia" theme. a little review of the s3 spider and a really good article on the history of Bertone design.

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,881 Posts
I always understood the Citroen DS had a higher CD than the Giulia. Even Citroen literature quote .35-fantastic for its day (especially when first out in 1955) but not quite the .34 of a Giulia.
The detailing of the body in mine fascinates me-I was hooked after the first wash. How can a 3 box saloon cleave through the air better than the svelte coupe...the secret is in the detail. It fascinates me more than our DS Citroen which at least does look aerodynamic....I love my Giulia.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The photos were lifted from a spread in European Car a few years ago.

The little round badge to the right of the grille which Cumby objects to is an enamel Auto Club di Roma badge. The yellow sticker on the extreme driver's side of the windshield is a Ferrari Owner's Club sticker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts