Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
For all you home builders, dont forget to include the air vent at the back of the cold airbox, so air pressure will be equalized across the carb throats.

BTW, I too, hid a filtering material in the fibreglass air tube behind the grille. I removed the filter when I took the car off the street.

David
Aluminum box with fibreglass cover

·
Registered
366 Posts
On that ebay item, I wonder, what happened to the two metal straps that secure the access panel to the air box. The straps should be riveted to the carb face of the box and have a rolled edge that contains the cylindrical nut on the lower strap to meet with the three-inch screw coming through the upper strap. These securing straps and cylindrical securing nuts probably will be the differentiating mark between original and copy.

David

·
Registered
366 Posts
There are two straps, one forward one aft, with each strap coming together on the side of the airbox facing the RF inner fender, that secures the access cover. The upper end of the strap, holds the head of the long screw. The lower end of the strap holds the horizontal, cylindrical brass nut into which the long screw is fitted.

I havent looked into my airbox for quite some time, but isnt there a short curved aluminum tube, about 15mm in dia, that acts as a vent for the rear-most carb?

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.