Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My switch literally fell apart. It doesn't bother me much, as I'm the only driver and never mess with the mirrors. Still, it sort of bugs me. I have all of the original mounting hardware, harness, etc, and was wondering what it would take to wire up a generic 4-way analog toggle joystick and a simple hat switch to toggle between left and right, and if it would be less expensive than buying an actual part from eBay ($130 or so). Could be a fun sit at the dinner table while I watch Breaking Bad with my wife after the kids go to bed kind of project.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
You will likely end up wasting more of your life time wise trying to make one work than just ponying up cash earned from work/life time and buying a good used one.

10 seconds to install a good used one is worth quite a bit of frustration. But if you're a glutton for punishment and want to save a couple of bucks and then also want to deal with integrating and mounting new switch into the car, I'll save you a few hours head start: look to the e23/e24/e30 mirror switch. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that was my thought as well. If I see one for not much money on FleaBay maybe I'll pick it up. At this point in time, not a real priority. Looking more like a Vintage Air Mini Gen II is my save-for-it project. And maybe get around to swapping transaxles in January.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts