Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was T-boned by an F350 at an intersection at the beginning of August. His fault. But my car doesn't care that it was his fault. I got this car from my Dad who got it brand new. It has been in Colorado all its life. His insurance company said that it was not totaled and insulted me with a very small check. Anyone know of a somewhere in Colorado or the Southwest that could help me fix this and/or at least provide a reasonable quote that would work with insurance an insurance company? Thank you all in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Go hire a lawyer. If you need evidence of the current market value of a GTV, point the lawyer to the following web page which has auction results for 126 sales of GTV's over the past four years. They come complete with photos and vehicle descriptions so you can establish a value for insurance purposes.

https://bringatrailer.com/alfa-romeo/gtv/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have hired a lawyer and they said since the adjuster did not total the car the only option left is to get a party of my choosing to provide an estimate. But those guys are used to putting together everything else except an Alfa.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Alfa NEEDS to be repaired and any collision shop will be able to establish and provide
an initial estimate. Just find a shop that wants the job.

Once repairs are underway, any additional repairs or parts will be communicated to the
Ins Adjuster on a Supplement Form.
Just keep in mind that once the initial repairs are authorized by the Ins Company, they are
obligated to authorize any supplement claims up to the established value of the car.

Thats why Ins companies usually total flooded vehs due to the never ending supplement claims
even up to one year after repairs have been performed.

Find a shop and get the ball rolling.
Also get some comps to establish a fair value.

Finally, once your Alfa is repaired, hook up with Haggerty Ins and establish a true replacement value for the car. You set the value!
Good Luck

·
Out of the office!
11,168 Posts
Unfortunately, there are not too many places in Colorado that specialize in Alfas. Glenn Watt owns Colour Restoration in Loveland. He's an excellent metal fabricator. He bailed me out of a real mess with my car. He specializes in aluminum fabrications and Cobras. I know he's worked on a couple of other Alfas besides mine. I would not hesitate for a minute to take the car to him.

Your car is in pretty rough shape. At this point, you might want to consider a full restoration. I understand the sentiment on your car and recommend you go after the insurance company for a full repair.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ouch, that is major damage. I can tell you from my recent restoration project on a 74 GTV, you are easily looking at over $25-30k worth of work there. Remember when you settle with the insurance company they also need to reimburse you for lost value of the car now that it has suffered major damage in an accident. In other words, once it is fixed to original condition and you try to sell it, how much value is lost when you reveal that the car was in a major accident?
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
while not a body shop, certainly Alfa Centerline (Address: 1220 Commerce Ct, Lafayette, CO 80026) could offer some technical assistance in establishing value, and might have some technical/mechanical/body repair contacts...

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have a restoration shop in Englewood and we specialize in cars like this.
You can go to our website at classicinvest dot com or call us at 303-388-9788. We'd love to help you out!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Ouch, sorry for your car, but nothing impossible.

Check the fixing points for rear shocks and rear axle, they moved ?

Check the gap on the right door, everything OK ?

I don't know if you have a little fold on the roof ? Check the roof as well. :nerd:

However you have to put your car on a "frame repair too"l when the bodywork begin.

1°) All exterior body parts are available new with very correct quality
2°) Original wheels are available new
3°) Must be redone by body maker (or found as "second hand") rear inner wheel arch (the one in contact with boot floor), internat structure of driver door as well.
4°) Some crom trim must be found as "second hand" around rear window
5°) Complete paint job must be done (this includes dissasembly of all external parts of the car at least);

The bodywork time could be between 3 and 4 weeks. Then the paint job and final assembly.

Good luck.

Chris

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
GDSart - those photos hurt me to look at. I feel badly you have to go through this.

We have a restoration shop in Englewood and we specialize in cars like this.
You can go to our website at classicinvest dot com...
I am impressed. I love that era of Sebring coupe on your current restorations page. Funny, I grew up only blocks from this location. There was a nice Ferrari and Cobra restoration and vintage racing shop on Kalamath, a block from you. Mike D was behind "MPH", or Mike's Performance Headquarters. They did some beautiful work, and built a 2nd Gen Cobra Daytona coupe prototype from scratch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you! We are familiar with mike Depuggio, our shop foreman here had some good friends that worked for him. Actually, MPH was right across the alley from us.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can also try Mid Century Motors. I’ve talked with Nick about your car. He recommends you consider a good accident repair shop for the initial rough work and then a restoration shop for the finish. He’s working on my GTV

Good luck and let us know how it’s working out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts