Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an advertisement for the F12. I don't know any details since I found it on the internet a couple of years ago.

One oddity here though: is the driver showing a 'thumbs down'? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
The driver in the ad is pointing with his thumb to the engine of the Giulia which is below his thumb (next to the driver). ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Here's an advertisement for the F12. I don't know any details since I found it on the internet a couple of years ago.

One oddity here though: is the driver showing a 'thumbs down'? :confused:
He's probably indicating his sentiments toward Volkswagen Transporters; "flat four, air-cooled? Hah, try twin cam, all alloy four Fools!!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
He's a Roman historian who knows that thumbs down was good and thumbs up didn't exist in ancient Rome. I'm sorry - this stuff just rattles around in my head.

Mario

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Mario, I thought the same thing when I saw that! I realized that I really do watch too much History Channel!

Paul

More pics please!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The last truck is Greek it reads "road assistance" -where the hell did you dig this from??????? That's a museum find...

·
Registered
428 Posts
With such a road assistance car you would wish your car to be broken down often... :D
I wonder whether this car is still alive in Greece or somewhere!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You'd wish my Greek buddy...Remember the recall for old vehicles when they gave you funds for a new one. MANY alfa romeos died at that particular time in Greece, many 105's ended up scrap. I can imagine this truck being beat up and owned by some poor guy - into the scrap it went. They said they started a museum or something for some Really hot classics (i remember a 56 jag on the news) but...words just words.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Forgot to say "bye" as i'm heading off for Kalamata tomorrow with the 105 (half wounded-cuts out suddenly) my uncle says i'll never make it...we'll SEE ABOUT THAT!
Maybe i run into Takis the Gtam lover, i'll be heading your way towards september there's this big motocross race and i have promised my cousin to assist him-he races that crap- have the gtv ready we might take them for a ride :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
During the period I worked and lived in Italy Trieste I have found a few F12. One of them was near Rimini (Catolica) and was one of the cars used on the local airport of Rimini. The others were found in Trieste.
Herewith the Rimini ambulansa

And the Trieste F12's

Saluti,

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do not know if there's a topic for the F20, but I post here some pictures about our old F20, Milan Automobile Club, which we at Croce Bianca Milan we used during the races at Monza and in some sporting events such as Stramilano, during the '70s.

MY friend Piazza has built scale model 1 / 43.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hehe! Try California! Or Mars, certainly easier that finding one in Australia. Having said that, there is a R2 about to hit the road in Melbourne...

·
Registered
9,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The Italian Army introduced the F-12A (A=ambulance), in 1968. This was a standard vehicle to transport injuried soldiers from the infirmary to a military hospital.
The F12A had a good equipment on board: 2 stretchers, 2 internal seats, a sink with a water tank, some cabinets, some electric sockets, oxygen bottle, sterilizer. The field vehicles were Fiat AR76 4x4 equipped with 2 stretchers and a good driver only. During my military service, i was a sergeant in a battalion infirmary, we had one old F12A and a new Fiat Ducato. The FI2A was dismissed in 1989.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts