Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE : 1967 Maserati Quattroporte I. 4.2 litre V8 ,5 speed, grey with red leather interior. Very nice condition . Best offer around $10000. Car located in Toronto Ontario Canada .

·
Registered
282 Posts
This isn't a car that I have the money or space for, but boy would I love to have one someday.

I second it: you have good taste in cars (or should I find out why you're selling the Maser and what's replacing it before passing judgement?). ;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Qp1

The Maserati QP1, in its day was advertised as the fastest sedan in the world. Owned by the rich and famous of the day, only about 750 were built over approximately a 7 year period.
To say they are hand built is an understatement, and to me that is the attraction of the car. I have been refurbishing the trunk area of mine and even found the remains of welding rods left over from manufacture.
They had the finest materials available at the time, such as Wilton carpet and Connolly leather. They and Rolls were the first production cars to have A/C standard. The Maserati has four wheel disc brakes with a split hydraulic system, at the time cutting edge technology.
If you buy one, get the best you can afford, as the saying goes, it is much less expensive in the long run, as the small parts can be difficult to find. By today’s standards they are simple, no electronics so it is an “exotic” that one can work on with care and common sense.
It has been the orphan of the Maserati world, to the great unwashed, not sexy enough I suppose, but there are some people in the know and with the funds to do so, putting a lot of money into the proper restoration of these forgotten gems. People that understand the car, generally keep them long term.
The main area to look out for is rust, as the car is unit construction, my car has some blisters on the doors and trunk lid which will be addressed in the near future, but otherwise in quite good condition. Along with that, keep in mind it is a LARGE car by European standards, so not inexpensive to prep and paint properly.
Regards Ian.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1967 Quattroporte pics

Car was in storage for a few years. Was oil sprayed and had a car cover on it.
Car looks oily and dusty. Needs a good wash and polish. Have many more pics if you want to see them. 50378 km. Vin am 107 1448.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Qp1

Hi Brad:
Very nice car, but are you sure that it is a 4.2? I am wondering if it is not a 4.7 instead. 4.2 had the extra hole for the second plug (not drilled) but I don't see it in the engine photo. Also I think the shift pattern was different with reverse being to the left. (4.2 has the same sift pattern as Alfa)
If possible, could you forward to me the extra photo's that you have?
Kindest regards, Ian.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1967 Quattroporte pics

Ian ,Will investigate engine size. Will you pm me your phone #...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1967 Quattroporte pics

Ian ,here are all the rest of pics,plus 5 more at alfas for sale or wanted ,under Trade QPI FOR 65-74 GT....

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
QP1 Value

Hi Brad:
Going by the photo's of the car, I would say that it is quite under priced. There is a lot of junk out there, and the cost of restoration is the same as any other Maserati. (High) One in this apparent condition in my estimation is worth a fair bit more than you seem to be asking.
Regards Ian.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1967 Quattroporte

All interested buyers please pm your phone#to me .as we have many offers coming in..Thank you ... Brad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts