Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you only use the oil Boytcho sends with the lifts, or have you been buying something else?

It doesn't make sense to me to rely on him for more oil over the years, but I'm not enough of an expert to figure out what type would be best for the lift. Would any differential lube be good enough?

TIA

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you only use the oil Boytcho sends with the lifts, or have you been buying something else?

It doesn't make sense to me to rely on him for more oil over the years, but I'm not enough of an expert to figure out what type would be best for the lift. Would any differential lube be good enough?

TIA
How much do you think you are going to "use".
It's not an Alfa. It won't leak oil. :D

As this only lubricates the gearing, it isn't likely to escape or be used. I suppose it should get changed once in a while, but probably not for years.

@Alfar7 - do you have one of these? Why would you say hydraulic fluid? This is not an hydraulic lift.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much do you think you are going to "use".
It's not an Alfa. It won't leak oil. :D
Ha! One of the things that is motivating me to finally get my lift up and running (I bought it new a while back) is to check out the GTV's differential - I've noticed a patch of oil under it in my garage.

Clearly gear oil, not hydraulic fluid is the stuff to use for this. Since I'm about to fill the lift gearbox for the first time I figured it might make sense to use whatever oil I'll be using in the future, but you're right, it's unlikely to see a huge amount of use (hopefully) and what they send with the lift will last a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts