Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help to find the correct eyelids shape. It seems the eyelid front line is curve, following the overall front nose trace, not straight, but I am not sure.
Thank you!

·
Push hard and live
9,657 Posts
Hmmm. I believe the eyelid is flat along the bottom, but curved across the front.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Hi Edgar,

If you are in need of the headlight covers (eyelids); I believe that you can get them through Giorgio Penatti in Italy but be advised, his prices have changed (upwards;).

If not perhaps this photo will help:

Montreal getting NonEthanol.jpg

Otherwise let me know what you would like and I'll do my best...

Mark

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! It seems the correct shape as pointed out by Don is flat in the botton and curved in the front. Mike picture is very clear on that. My car came with steel fake 3 strip eyelids flat botton and front, which were not original. Bought one NOS right part from Germany. Arrived ok and the shape matches. Left side bought from Vilella in Spain but not shipped yet. Of course will need to shape the front polished steel trim to match the overall front line.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Alex! Will try to bend my trims to match the front curve. In case is not possible will take the right hand from you and source the left one.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Dom! Thank you for your findings in Barcelona. Seems the left eyelid is the one I am looking for and the shape is correct with a decent price. Already sent the vendor a message in case the other Spanish (from Agusti Vilella) never shows up. The second offer of a PCB cover I have no idea where in the Montreal is installed and during my last 4 year of Montreal archeology have never find something like that. PCB seems to be a lamp holder panel using clear fiberglass technology. PCB of the 70´s were made of brown fenolic substrate as the dash instruments cluster.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
The second offer of a PCB cover I have no idea where in the Montreal is installed and during my last 4 year of Montreal archeology have never find something like that
ah yes.
Ed you are right...... I just noticed now the part number starts with 116*** so it has to be an alfetta part, not a Monty (105) part!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
There is a left eyelid on eBay that appears to be N.O.S. current asking price is $380 if anyone is looking...151531737634

Ciao,
Mark

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Montreal Steering Box removal

Hi Mike, thank you! The one that Dom finds in Barcelona they are asking Eur 75 but after seconds I sent the seller a question he just cancel it. Incredible how Montreal parts are fluctuating. Or maybe sellers are watching alfabb very carefully.... BTW, the one I bought and payed Eur 150 in Spain, never received! The part or the money back. Strange times. Virtual world.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Edgar, I hope that you used Paypal or a method where you can issue a charge back!

Also, I believe that you can still get quality eyelids through Giorgio Penatti in Italy but be advised, his prices have changed (upwards).

Edgar, I still have the rear view mirror that you gave me but have not been able to use it because the mounting base is different; so is the housing. Would you like me to send it back or should I list it on eBay?

mARk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Montreal Steering Box Removal

Mark! You are right I will charge it back right away. Don't worry about the rear mirror. You can list it at ebay. There is also a trade and free stuff here at alfabb.
There is always a way to make someone more happy making a donation.

Best of wishes to you Mark and all Alfabb members who gave me valuable support for my Montreal reconstruction along 2014. All the best in 2015.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts