Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to remove brake pistons on calipers that are not on the car? I had removed the MS for replacement. Pulled the front calipers. Right front appeared to be sticking. Pushed the piston into the caliper. Unfortunitly the outer dust seal is shot and needs replacement. I may as well rebuild the entire caliper as long as I have to buy the rebuild kit just to get a dust cover. Do I have to a) reinstall MS. b) reinstall calipers. C) bleed brakes d) push pistons out e) remove and rebuild calipers.

I don't see any way to push the calipers short of having them on the car.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind I got it

I pushed them out with air. Had to work one out, put it back. Hold it with a clamp amd blow the second one out. Glad I did it after all. There was a lot of crud in there! 4 rebuild kits to be ordered. Nothing is pitted but it was awful gunky

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I pushed them out with air. Had to work one out, put it back. Hold it with a clamp amd blow the second one out. Glad I did it after all. There was a lot of crud in there! 4 rebuild kits to be ordered. Nothing is pitted but it was awful gunky
i use the same method.

A bicycle wheel axle fits into the input thread to block that off - then attach your airline to the bleed nipple.

normally do this with a vice & block of wood - to ensure I get both out. normally have to remove the last one its last few mm's with a large mole grip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts