Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to source the entire sunroof rack for the Verde. After taking all apart, refurbishing and replacing the fabric I thought I got it all(?) back together and in the car.

As I was securing the last screw for the headliner I found these! I remember they were part of the flap(tilt) piece but can't remember how they attach.

Sunroof Bits 006.jpg

Sunroof Bits 005.jpg

Sunroof Bits 001.jpg

Sunroof Bits 002.jpg

Sunroof Bits 003.jpg

This is why it is always good to take pictures before disassembly ...

Any advice woulb be helpful. I think I can get access to the flap by sliding back the fabric part of the roof and removing the sunroof itself. How they fit on is another issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its been since last summer since i touched my car, but aren't those the left and right side ramps that go in the front corners underneath the air foil so they don't jamb into the roof lip.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Those look like the ramps that tilt the back of the panel open when you just want to crack it open.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look like the ramps that tilt the back of the panel open when you just want to crack it open.
That's just it!

They sit on either end of the tilt flap and when the roof is closed a little roller slides back over these giudes to keep the flap in the closed position. When the roof is tilted, the rollers slide forward off the guides and the flap tilts up with the roof.:rolleyes:

Now if I could figure the orientation ...

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Well I can try to take a picture of the extra track i have but it is buried at my parent's house. if I remember tomorrow I will..

Dom

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
The spare sunroof frame did not have this on it so it may be attached to the sunroof lid.. My milano is covered so I can't check it..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for trying ... I'm thinking they point forward so that the roller can slide back over them.:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts