Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought an extended warranty for their Giulia or Stelvio? Any advice? @Jim G recent post about his oil pump and engine replacement issue has me a bit spooked now that I own my Giulia and plan to for the long haul.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ibought one for my 4C from Ziegler. They had the best price for an extended FCA warrant.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I will check that out. Have never had to consider one, so just starting to figure it out. I will pass this car to my son in the next few years so don't want to hand him a bunch of potential expenses at the same time.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
I bought one from dealer.

I don't remember but it was about $2,000 to extend it for a total of 7 years / 100K.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
Call the financial manager of Hayes Jeep in Kalamazoo MI. If your Giulia/Stelvio is outside of the 3-year new car period he might save you a lot of money (once beyond 3 years the price of the warranty goes up quite a bit if paying the warranty MSRP).

·
Registered
957 Posts
I got my extended 8yr 85k miles warranty via the Alfa Romeo customer service website. Cost was normally $1700 but they had a annual offered discount of $200. Talk to your Alfa customer service warranty person and they will fill you in.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,632 Posts
I got my 8-85 care plus, the middle one, $200 deduct from Tom Winkles for $960. I had called the dealer in Shreveport La. but they didn't call be back until after I talked to Tom. Just for grins I asked him what their price would be and he said the dealer could not sell an extended warranty except when the car was initially sold when new. He said they had a great third party company they sold policies for and it was only $3,400! That didn't pass the smell test and all I can say is thank goodness for this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts