Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2018 Q2 this past weekend. It is still under factory warranty but I am interested in buying an extended plan. I searched the forum topics and there isn't one about insurance so I thought I would post here. BTW- this is for my wife and she is ecstatic about the car. Loves the looks and the power and now she is not the only member of the family without an Alfa. (I have two, daughter has one)
So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That was lazy of me not to do a search first.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
no prob...just letting you know it's a hot topic! ;-)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks to Scott for linking the two threads that I should have looked for first I called Tom Winkels at Hayes cars as was suggested in one of those threads. He got right back to me with such reasonable quotes. The used car dealer wanted $4900 for essentially the same warranty Tom is offering for $1340. Not sure where you are Scott but I owe you a drink!

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I happened to talk to him today too. Same good experience, though I decided to wait until closer to the end of my original warranty end date so I can get the 5-year extension beyond that (starts the day you sign, so it would be redundant with my existing warranty for now) vs. the 8-year warranty (which is add'l 4 years beyond original warranty).

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,632 Posts
My in service date is 6 June 2017 so the warranty runs out this coming June. I got the mid level policy from Tom and I highly recommend him. The added peace of mind is cheap at twice the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts