Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was umm'ing and ahh'ing for a while... having read so many posts about whether or not they'd fit the rear arch. Anyway, I took a chance and got some wheels, with the ET35 for the rears.

In my excitement I put the ET29's on the rear by mistake and boy oh boy were they tight. One side was marginally ok, however the other side total tyre rub. Anyway, after correcting my mistake, was pleasantly surprised to find adequate space on the rear once the ET35's wheels were fitted.

I also wrestled with tyre size, however having run 185 70 14 previously, I was trying to keep a similar rolling diameter which resulted in running 185 65 15.

Long story short, the wheels fit just fine!! If anything, the 65 on the fronts may be better suited to a 60... anyway, just happy everything fits!!

Hopefully this helps others searching the forum down the track!!

Cheers.

IMG_9750.jpg IMG_9747.JPG IMG_9748.JPG

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi

Supers designed around 4.5k, so maybe 5s ok but 7s?? Strain on s/box everything...IMHO...

But each to each....no issues....

Richard

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I also think the GTA style wheels look great on a Super. You can apparently run 195 tires with the correct ET35 wheels (much better tire choice available), but yes you would loose some of the steering feel. I think 185 tires are a good compromise, just too bad there isn't much tire choice, unless you go for something like period correct sticky Avon's $$$$

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
AJT,
Your wheels look great. IMO its a great 15" wheel for the Super.
It is recommended by Alfaholics to run ET29's front and ET35 rear, or was that your choice?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,401 Posts
Car looks great and I absolutely think 15" wheels are the way to go on a Super.

On my car, I went with the 15 x 6 GTA wheels, and even with those, I do get rubbing sometimes at the rear. It goes to show you that no two Supers are the same.

Reactions: ajt_watching

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AJT,
Your wheels look great. IMO its a great 15" wheel for the Super.
It is recommended by Alfaholics to run ET29's front and ET35 rear, or was that your choice?
Hey Anthony, yep, that's the recommendation from the Alfaholics team... happy to follow their lead!! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts