Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Well, it is in good shape, and for someone who wants a mint automatic, this may just be one of the best choices...

Best regards,

·
Registered
385 Posts
Holy C**P Batman

...but for a car with a book value of $8605. (according to the seller's link) $25,000. is quite a gap. I hope for all of us Alfa owners the seller gets this price. It only helps to make our cars more valuable. :D

Drew

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...but for a car with a book value of $8605. (according to the seller's link) $25,000. is quite a gap. I hope for all of us Alfa owners the seller gets this price. It only helps to make our cars more valuable. :D

Drew
book value means nothing on alfas.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

Drew
book value means nothing on alfas.
I agree with lgbalfa, and if one looks at "book value" for a car that is 16 years old, the guide assumes mileage of 192k to be "normal". Guides are good for drivers in #3 condition, and #2- cars are considered "excellent". Hence, one has to value this car based on condition, and you cannot re-create it for $25k. I don't know if this seller will get his asking price, but in the last couple of years I have seen more than one series 3 and series 4 Spider trade hands in the low twenties...

Best regards,

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm just saying that it doesn't help the seller's cause to include a link that says that the asking price is 3x the book value. I want to see him get his price. It helps us all.

Drew

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it is in good shape, and for someone who wants a mint automatic, this may just be one of the best choices...

Best regards,
very rare to find - so for someone who is looking for a low milage automatic - this is a rare find an a good example.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts