Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea, Centerline!

Yep, saw that. Will call them tomorrow. BTW, the manifold DOES appear to have steel nuts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Spiderserie4,

Mine has a solid throttle attached to the firewall with no heat shield. Thanks for all the detailed info.

Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And new gaskets as well, I would imagine. Are they copper or brass?

Should I inquire about that retro-fit bracket?

J.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,855 Posts
Yes, if you're replacing the manifold do the top and bottom gaskets at the same time. It would be false economy not to.

You can ask JoeCab at Centerline but I doubt they'll have that bracket. I found one to retrofit my '91 but it was from someone who was parting out a car. Alfa Parts Exchange *might* be able to dig one up, but Larry tends not to have "fiddle-farty" parts like that. Can't hurt to ask, though.

Your best bet would probably be to cut out a piece of cardboard to fit then cut it out of steel plate. You'll just need four longer bolts. It doesn't have to be perfect, just something to hold the manifolds together at the bottom to add strength.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,855 Posts
I, of course, knew that neither Alfa nor drivers would ever accept a smelly car as normal.
I just re-read this and I had to chuckle. You'd be *amazed* what Alfa and Alfa drivers have been willing to accept :D

"Is the oil *spraying* out or dribbling? Just dribbling? It's fine."

"Eh, you're not supposed to use second gear anyway."

"Those flashing warning lights are for ambience. Don't worry about it."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Quest for the part is at an end: Centerline had a NOS 1-4 exhaust manifold as well as a complete set of gaskets and brand new brass nuts. They're on their way. Couldn't ask for more than that! I'll revisit this thread to report on the "cure's" effectivenes. Thanks, once again for everyone's help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So, as it turns out, the 1-4 manifold from Centerline didn't fit after all. It was for an earlier, Spica injected engine. The quest continues...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts